breaking the rules, buttercups in the background

/ breaking the rules, buttercups in the background #21  
Get you some Gaucho barb wire with 3" spacing and pull it good and tight, they won't push on that so much.
LOL I have found a fence to a 1500# cow /bull is just a suggestion they stay where you want them. Those barbs aren't much on a thick leather hide. You pressure them and their flight or flight kicks in. They ain't gonna fight so they flight, and they'll flight right through barbed wire. I have seen it happen more than once. Fence as tight as a banjo string and it popped just like a banjo string

/ breaking the rules, buttercups in the background #22  
I'd put something on the other side of that fence just to tempt the bull. then set up a video. 600 pound bull jumping fences is worth a whole dedicated you tube channel
He got caught and sent to the sale barn. I was pressuring him trying to get him to load, and he had a choice, go into the trailer, or jump the fence. Before I could do anything, he jumper the fence and was right back in the pasture.
I had to go catch him again. That time he got loaded and taken to the sale

/ breaking the rules, buttercups in the background
No mater what I do the cows find a way to weaken it and out they go. Then yesterday my young boar said gate, what gate, and went right through it.
ELECTRICITY
It can keep bears out of beehives.
put up an electric fence.

/ breaking the rules, buttercups in the background
He got caught and sent to the sale barn.
Now I feel badly for the little fellah. He could a been a You Tube sensation~!!!
You might a got rich selling tickets
Come one Come all see the Bull they call Twinkle toes in a pink TuTu jumping higher than Lebron James

/ breaking the rules, buttercups in the background #25  
LOL I have found a fence to a 1500# cow /bull is just a suggestion they stay where you want them. Those barbs aren't much on a thick leather hide. You pressure them and their flight or flight kicks in. They ain't gonna fight so they flight, and they'll flight right through barbed wire. I have seen it happen more than once. Fence as tight as a banjo string and it popped just like a banjo string
I didn"t say it would hold an outlaw but it seems to hold most of the rest of them, what holds yours in?

/ breaking the rules, buttercups in the background #26  
He got caught and sent to the sale barn. I was pressuring him trying to get him to load, and he had a choice, go into the trailer, or jump the fence. Before I could do anything, he jumper the fence and was right back in the pasture.
I had to go catch him again. That time he got loaded and taken to the sale
I had two do that to me. The next week I tried again, by closing up the barn the night before. I backed up the trailer, opened the trailer gate, they climbed right in and closed the trailer gate. I didn't even have to get in the pen. I've learned to work with them; use their curiousity and hunger to lead them, instead of pushing them.

The sheep are even worse. They'll follow me around a field, but there is no herding them. The only trick that I have taught the llama is to leave the barn quietly when I need to work on the sheep.

/ breaking the rules, buttercups in the background #27  
ELECTRICITY
It can keep bears out of beehives.
put up an electric fence.
I have three strands of barbed wire with two strands of electric powered by a 30 mile 1.6 joule charger. My Great Pyrenees walks right through it My bull (who now sleeps in the freezer) walked through it then turned and tore the crap out of it in anger and one of the cows jumps it. In fact,she met me at the door about an hour ago wanting some grain. A little grain and a little hay and she should be good until morning, I hope.

Raise Cows, they said, it's fun and easy!

/ breaking the rules, buttercups in the background #28  
I didn"t say it would hold an outlaw but it seems to hold most of the rest of them, what holds yours in?
most times they just honor the fence I have up. If they wanted, they could go through at any time.
Those barbs on that wire wouldn't phase them much if they want out.
I try to keep them pretty happy with treats and fresh water.
I do have a few if pressured, would run through a fence like it was nothing.
I try to get those in the corral with treats before doing much with them.
The corral has 2x6 wood fencing 8ft tall with 6x6 post cemented in the ground 8ft. apart Much more robust than barbed wire and T post

/ breaking the rules, buttercups in the background #29  
Once you get a fence jumper, they rarely ever stop. Might as well trailer it off to the butcher.
My Aunt had a fence jumper on her farm. To stop the cow she she chained a 8 foot 4x4 around it's neck, never jump a fence after that.
Once you get a fence jumper, they rarely ever stop. Might as well trailer it off to the butcher.

/ breaking the rules, buttercups in the background #30  
I had a calf that kept pushing its way out at a gate under the electric fence. I had the so called spring gates there. Removed the lower 3 springs and put electrified barb wire in instead. Never seen it outside afterwards.