Broke down and did it today

/ Broke down and did it today #11  
I wax the hood and fenders of our working tractors when they are in the shop for an oil change. I find I treat them better if they look better and so do other people.

/ Broke down and did it today
ccdck20hst said:
Waxing it is a good idea. A shiny hood is nice! Some folks lean toward just viewing a tractor as a tool and are not worried about looks. Me I agree with the idea of protecting the metal surfaces and making it look good, especially where salt off the roads can be a factor. instead of waxing the under carriage and the inside and outside of the wheel rims, axels, etc., you might want to give these parts a light coat of Fluid FIlm. I put Fluid Film on many areas of my tractor when it was new, on a warm day (it will not spread if it is cold out and the metal is cold) and now almost 9 years later it still looks great. Tractor on and enjoy!!

Never heard of fluid film. Is that name brand?

Just had the Max 22 dropped off, ran over from work, took a few pictures and back to the office. Whaat a bummer, not even enough time to take a ride.

Attachments

• IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    998 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    852.5 KB · Views: 437
  • IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    928.2 KB · Views: 337
   / Broke down and did it today #15  
Congratulations!!!

/ Broke down and did it today #16  
Kootch88,
Congrats, I am sure your out on the new toy right now. I am from the Bangor area. What dealer did you purchase your Max from?

Kootch88,
Congrats, I am sure your out on the new toy right now. I am from the Bangor area. What dealer did you purchase your Max from?

Tripps in New Gloucester. Wish I had time but I am back at work.

My new trailer I scored for $800. 5,000 payload capacity. Needed a tire and rewiring, but what trailer doesn't?

Attachments

• DSC_2887.jpg
    DSC_2887.jpg
    583.6 KB · Views: 245
Started the fabrication of hand controls today. Put a pillar block on the far right side of the foot rest area, bolted solid stock to the shaft and welded the 3/4" steel to the solid stock so there is nothing permanent to the tractor if work needs to be done. Welded a temporary lever to see where the permanent one should go and went out and tried the new toy.

It felt great, even managed to scrounge up a little gravel to scrape up with the bucket. Two problems, the mower deck will not go down and all the lights work except the headlights. It was a mixed day, half happy to be almost ready to go and majorly bummed the deck will not go up and down. Guess I will be seeing how the service is at the dealer. :confused3: