Broke the Stabilizer Lift Arm Mounts on my Three Point

/ Broke the Stabilizer Lift Arm Mounts on my Three Point #1  

MinnesotaEric

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
After eight summers of use, my Cat2 three-point on my NX6010 shelled one stabilizer mount, and the other side was on its way out as well so my NX came home mid-summer to the Trauma Center at the Tinkerage. Since the three point was disabled, I took this as an invitation to make beefier mounts as well as an opportunity to make a better skid plate than what I've been running and this was my first repair using my newest Miller welder.

Last edited:
   / Broke the Stabilizer Lift Arm Mounts on my Three Point #2  
Nice work. Enjoyed the video. (y)

/ Broke the Stabilizer Lift Arm Mounts on my Three Point #3  
Eric

Did you check the adjustment of those sway arms over the full travel of the three point lift?

I've found myself snugging up where I thought things were right at one lift position, only to find mechanical bind up when the lift was raised.

Making stronger mounts, but repeating such an error, could result in another component failure.

Entertaining videos being what they are.

/ Broke the Stabilizer Lift Arm Mounts on my Three Point
Eric

Did you check the adjustment of those sway arms over the full travel of the three point lift?

I've found myself snugging up where I thought things were right at one lift position, only to find mechanical bind up when the lift was raised.

Making stronger mounts, but repeating such an error, could result in another component failure.

In the past I have checked, but I will again with the new mounts. Off camera I made a new pin for the stabilizer that was missing on the mount that broke leaving about two inches of side to side play on the quick attach.

If it does bind, I’ll report the result.

/ Broke the Stabilizer Lift Arm Mounts on my Three Point
Eric

I started up the tractor to lift the three point all the way up so I could have easier access to remove the PTO guard that got mangled when the worthless guard on my brush cutter fell off again, traveled down the driveshaft to the tractor and then spun, and spun in "I'm goin' to mess you up" mode against the metal guard.

At any rate, there is plenty of play in the lower link stabilizers from bottom to top—as there should be considering each pin hole I'm using has about one-inch of play on the stabilizers.