Broken HST/ No Reverse= HUGE $ to Fix!

/ Broken HST/ No Reverse= HUGE $ to Fix! #11  
Maybe we ought to keep this thread for reference when people ask "HST or clutch?" :( Yikes.

Or maybe in the Buyers guide on whether to buy a Kubota or not.

/ Broken HST/ No Reverse= HUGE $ to Fix! #12  

That's ridiculous, all makes and models break. We can't speculate on a quote without even having a description of the parts that failed or the actual final bill.

Brian

/ Broken HST/ No Reverse= HUGE $ to Fix! #13  
That's ridiculous, all makes and models break. We can't speculate on a quote without even having a description of the parts that failed or the actual final bill.

Brian

That's just as ridiculous as the post I was answering.

/ Broken HST/ No Reverse= HUGE $ to Fix! #14  

Sounds like an opinion based on years of research, well reasoned and insightful TROLLING.

/ Broken HST/ No Reverse= HUGE $ to Fix!
I recieved another quote for the break apart, repair, reassemble for $2,280 (without parts) which is Kubotas warranty guideline at 28 hours. Most shops around here charge $80-86 hour. The $4,800 has me pissed of as we have been doing biz with this dealer for 4 generations and I have A LOT of orange machines. The parts are the same $ where ever you go, and I agree, buying an entire new HST unit for $4300 seems the only way to go if you are going to open the machine up at that cost. Yes, I do use my machine commercially and luckily I have 2. The regulator assembly is like $3,100 and the piston servo valve is like $1,200 so combined I am better off new HST for a piece of mind. I am really disappointed in the dealer, and to some degree Kubota, for the cost of repairs to these things. I am not asking for a favor or a reduced price, just a fair, mutually beneificial repair bill. The problem with these things is that they are freakin rocket scientist machines these days, you can't work on a machine like this repair needs yourself so they have you by the HST, if I may. I paid $38 for the 1st L48 with hoe and $27.5K for the 2nd without hoe. Almost $10K to fix a machine that cost $27.5K is stupid. My machines are serviced regularly and used slightly more than above average. They do make me $ so that helps. If the labor cost doesn't come down, I am going elsewhere......along with all my future biz.

They said they took one of the relief valves off, switched to the reverse side as in theory if the valve was bad, switching them around would have identified it as a bad valve, and did pressure tests and everything was right on spec (chrage and high pressure), but without opening up the machine they cannot tell which part went bad. That I can understand

They said they took one of the relief valves off, switched to the reverse side as in theory if the valve was bad, switching them around would have identified it as a bad valve, and did pressure tests and everything was right on spec (chrage and high pressure), but without opening up the machine they cannot tell which part went bad. That I can understand

I will say, this has been the 1 and only problem this machine has given me. I am a die hard Kubota fan and believe in their superior quality.

/ Broken HST/ No Reverse= HUGE $ to Fix! #18  
   / Broken HST/ No Reverse= HUGE $ to Fix! #19  
Any sales or service manager worth his salt ought to remedy this without blinking. I wouldn't hesitate dropping that second estimate on either desk with an ultimatum.

On a different note, I'm glad my estimation was in the right neighborhood.

Brian

/ Broken HST/ No Reverse= HUGE $ to Fix! #20  
It looks like the HST P/N is TA240-58005 according to the Kubota's online parts drawings. Using various online pricing sources the whole unit is listed between $4,116.30 and $4354.61.

There is a listing on ebay for a used item with the P/N referenced above, but listed for a L3010. Of course this is used and unlikely your desired path, but it is listed for $2,500. The only reason I point this out is it looks like the HST unit is used in other modes and therefore might be available used from various sources. Or if you buy a new unit perhaps fix your old one and sell it.

I can not help but wonder with all the pictures on the web of metal found in the various filters during the initial 50 or 200 hour fluid change if something long term didn't happen. Every time I see or read about the amount of metal shavings found as being normal and assumed to be OK, I cringe. Not saying this was your case, but I have to wonder...

What is the tractor worth as salvage or if you started to part it out? I'm cetain you are weighing all options.

Good luck!!!!

Last edited: