Broken rubber fuel line

/ Broken rubber fuel line #12  
Keep in mind that if you are using gas with ethanol in it, the ethanol will destroy some types of rubber fuel line. Found that out to my sorrow on my lawn mower. I had to buy special fuel line, formulated to handle gasoline/ethanol, at the motorcycle shop. The "Gates" brand fuel line I bought at an auto parts store would crack and leak within a month of installation.

/ Broken rubber fuel line #13  
Keep in mind that if you are using gas with ethanol in it, the ethanol will destroy some types of rubber fuel line. Found that out to my sorrow on my lawn mower. I had to buy special fuel line, formulated to handle gasoline/ethanol, at the motorcycle shop. The "Gates" brand fuel line I bought at an auto parts store would crack and leak within a month of installation.
Boy isn't that the truth. Get a good fuel line. When ethanol came out, all the fuel lines on the JD gasser tractor, the old Chevy PU, and our Brit motocycle immediately fell apart...the fuel lines on our Honda and the Yamaha outboard motor were fine and not affected by alcohol at all.
BTW, it's common on a boat to run a rubber fuel line ten feet or more. Maybe you can get whatever fuel line that outboards on boats use. It's thicker and more flexible too.

/ Broken rubber fuel line
Im 100% not going to replace the entire fuel line so that's a hard NO. The line is rubber now so it's staying that way. Im going to just use a coupler where it was split. No need to make a bigger project out of this than it needs to be.

/ Broken rubber fuel line #15  
Im 100% not going to replace the entire fuel line so that's a hard NO. The line is rubber now so it's staying that way. Im going to just use a coupler where it was split. No need to make a bigger project out of this than it needs to be.

I agree. You may want to consider using the spring type clamps rather than the screw type. The screw clamps seem to loosen over time, where the spring clamps remain tight.
I recently ran all new fuel lines on my mower, adding a fuel filter and pump. Every oem connection was a spring clamp.

/ Broken rubber fuel line #16  
I wouldn't trust the rubber line. I'm suggesting to do it the easy way so you can get South.

A red plastic marine grade fuel tank such as is for outboards is pretty much indestructible, mounts anywhere, and is resistant to all fuels. They hold 3 to 12 gallons & come with fuel gauge, plenty of hose, quick disconnects, and a valve. Under 100 bucks at Outdoor stores or Amazon.

/ Broken rubber fuel line
Its fixed. 5.00 dual barbed fitting at NAPA and a couple hose clamps.The fitting goes about 1.25" inside the line each way. I can't imagine its coming out given how hard it was to get in.

Last edited:
   / Broken rubber fuel line #18  
I would be sure to use hose clamps. Nothing more expensive than traveling down the road while leaving a trail of flames.
TRUE STORY RIGHT THERE

/ Broken rubber fuel line #19  
Glad you got it fixed. As you probably already know, don't EVER let any Campers World work on your unit for ANY reason. Have my own bad experience and every person with a camper I've talked to always start with "ohh, Campers World...." while shaking their heads no followed by their own bad experience. Safe trip!!

/ Broken rubber fuel line #20  
Lost a fuel line this summer while mowing a field. I was seconds from fire. Return line sprayed diesel all over hot spots on the engine. Got it shut down with lots of spray and hot diesel fuel.

Thank the Lord for low volatility diesel engines/fuel.