Brothers new John Deere

/ Brothers new John Deere #1  

RADIUM

Gold Member
Tractor
NEW HOLLAND 2420
Well after some time my brother's tractor finally arrived, you could almost see his smile inside the cab. After looking at many different tractors and shopping with him he decided on a John Deere which I can't blame him even though I'm partial to blue ;-) the new Holland didn't come close to the interior of the John Deere I believe it has 50 hp and a best part of all a front mounted snowblower a little overkill considering its Hydro pack and the price of the thing but John deere made some money with him LOL , he's maintaining less than 200 foot driveway but he is getting older and he's tired of the garden tractor fighting the upstate New York winters. I'll be really curious to see how it works with heavy snow it seems as though it spins quite fast and it has a lot of torque and power I guess we'll just have to wait and see if anyone else has experience with these units I'd like to hear I can pass information on to him thanks. Take care

Attachments

• snowblower.jpg
    snowblower.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 1,737
  • snowblower tractor.jpg
    snowblower tractor.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 2,416
Last edited:
   / Brothers new John Deere #2  
Good choice on the tractor and cab. I have similar setup but have snow plow instead of the front hydro snow blower. Your brother will be smiling a lot more every time it snows and he has to move it. Good luck.

/ Brothers new John Deere #3  
Wow nice...talk about over-kill for a 200ft.driveway!:thumbsup:

/ Brothers new John Deere #4  
Nice rig.
Curious if the rear attachment is a blower? for leaves or leaves and snow?

Also, curious about the hyd. hoses entering the top far corners of the snowblower. Are they going to hyd. motors on the auger?

/ Brothers new John Deere
nothat's not a leaf blower it's part of the snowblower it's A hydro pack basically a big tank of oil and a pump driven off the 540 PTO to make power for the snowblower augurs

/ Brothers new John Deere #6  
I think that is the nicest blower setup for a 200 foot driveway I have ever seen.:) If there is still time I think I would pave the driveway too.

/ Brothers new John Deere
Justgot back from his house he lives up on the corner of the family farm i told him to make himself a new account and introduce himself I'm sure he'll get to it someday there's a lot of good advice on these forms . The driveway turned out to be almost 300 feet with the backyard included which he keeps clean so he can get to his outside wood boiler, i still think it's a little over kill myself considering i take care of a 1500 foot driveway and backyard with my rear snowblower, if it really works i might be interested in getting one someday probably made by different manufacture but the same principle he will be our guinea pig this winter of course i told him it's not going to snow now especially with a new piece of equipment like that take care

/ Brothers new John Deere #8  
Hey Radium,

Well your brother has one beautiful setup there.. I being from the snow capitol of NY I can only imagine to spend that kind of $$$ on a tractor/snowblower combo you guys live in Oswego, Jefferson or Lewis county.. LOL :D

That's a setup all John Deere owners dream about.. :thumbsup:

Nice....

/ Brothers new John Deere #9  
:drool::drool:
Tell your brother Congratulations on that sweet tractor.:thumbsup:

/ Brothers new John Deere #10  
Nice rig :thumbsup: Mention to your brother he might want to consider tire chains.