Brought home a tractor hauling trailer

/ Brought home a tractor hauling trailer #1  

Highbeam

Tractor
Kioti CK30HST
After much help I have decided on and acquired the acttached trailer. It has 2-5200 lb axles with brakes for a GVWR of 10,400. It is 18' long including the 2 foot dovetail. The lights are all sealed and recessed. The frame and tongue are made out of 6" channel steel with 3" channel steel every 16" underneath the treated 2x8" deck. The ball mount is a bulldog style and the jack is a 7000 lb'er. The ramps are 5 feet long and slide in fro mthe side through the visible doors. The fancy schmancy diamond plate fenders are removeable. It is made by PJ trailers out of Seminole and I picked it up locally for 3100$ before jive and under 3500$ after taxes and all the other malarcy. I searched several dealers for quality, features, and price and this was a clear winner. All the welds are clean and the frame is straight. It tows right down the road and weighs 2500 with 250 on the tongue, just right. I will use a WD hitch and severl chains and binders to hold down a 4000# tractor plus an implement or two. That's next.

Attachments

• 719791-ass 010.jpg
    719791-ass 010.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,114
   / Brought home a tractor hauling trailer
and another

Attachments

• 719792-ass 013.jpg
    719792-ass 013.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 799
   / Brought home a tractor hauling trailer #3  
Highbeam-

I read your post twice to find out where you bought your trailer. You said locally- I am assuming it was from a private party?

Bonehead

The company was Olympic Trailers. They have locations in Fife (where I bought), Olympia, and Centralia. The PJ company has their own website as does the Olympic. I had very good sales experiences with this company and I tend to dislike salesmen.

/ Brought home a tractor hauling trailer #5  
Nice! That looks like a pretty good setup!

One thing I didn't see is a spare... I had to buy a spare and spare mount, and spare lug wrench seperate(extra). Used them too... Although just for a low tire, not a blow out flat or anything /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I was loaded up at the time too; woulda hated to leave the tractor and trailer on the side of the road...

/ Brought home a tractor hauling trailer #6  
Joe; Nice trailer. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I wish I had the fenders like yours. Mine are painted and really take a beating from stones and stuff. What are you dragging it around with ? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Brought home a tractor hauling trailer #7  
Looks like a nice unit. Are the floorboards treated for decay?

I actually asked the dealer about a/the spare and he didn't want to pirate one from another trailer. The cost to order one would be 145$. It is in the plans to have just one spare. I will likely have the local tire shop make me one up though. Truth is, 145$ will get a tow truck out to repair the flat... once. Can't say I've ever had a flat that left me on the side of the road in my quarter million or so miles of driving, maybe that's because I always have a spare and now I've upset the spare gods.

I pull it with my half ton chevy. It has 133,000 miles on it with the 350, auto trans, and 4wd. I have used the truck to tow my old 20' travel trailer so it is equipped to tow with a brake controller, trans temp and vacuum gauges, GM's HD trailer package, and timbren overload springs. The trailer will never be towed by this truck at the 10,400# GVWR but in a jamb I want to be able to exceed the 7000 of the next smaller trailer and I always like a margin.

The decking is supposed to be pressure treated. It is not treated like what you see on a 4x4 with the little slits though. I guess I won't know for sure until it decays. I wouldn't want to oil it since things would get slippery. Any thoughts on a decay prevention plan? I trust that the deck is treated but these dang environmentalists have taken all the good stuff out of the common market. It will sit outside all its life.

/ Brought home a tractor hauling trailer #10  
Very Nice Trailer and at a good price for your area. Looks like it will be there for you a very long time. I really like the diamond plate fenders.

Jim