Brown Snot in diesel fuel?

/ Brown Snot in diesel fuel? #22  
surprised you'd have an algae problem given your location. (could it be gel?) lots of sound advice given here
in addition, you might change your fuel source to a high volume truck stop to reduce chances of moisture contaminated fuel. btw Optilube has a full line of products addressing moisture, algae, lubricity, & anti gel in cold weather. tho haven't run across a product that addresses all 4, regards

Last edited:
   / Brown Snot in diesel fuel? #24  
NO! NO! Its gotta be a sweet bread with hot vodka & brandy :giggle:

willy

/ Brown Snot in diesel fuel?
I just discovered a crop of bug goo in my rearmost filter, I found I actually deleted the photo because it made me sick to look at it…lolView attachment 826914
Yes, yuck! I found this is a fairly common issue (unknown to me before). I found and used this on the SIL's. Still running good, but I'll be changing the filter (again) before winter.

/ Brown Snot in diesel fuel? #26  
Yes, yuck! I found this is a fairly common issue (unknown to me before). I found and used this on the SIL's. Still running good, but I'll be changing the filter (again) before winter.

Don't even think about purchasing a gallon as the pint is expensive (but works). I bet the gallon costs a couple hundred bucks. Don't take much (dose) anyway so even with 3 diesels, a pint bottle lasts me a year or so.

Do keep in mind that it kills the microbes but you still need to change the filters, probably a few times because the 'skeletons' of the microbes are still in solution with the treated diesel and have to be removed.

/ Brown Snot in diesel fuel?