Brush Fork DIY Build

/ Brush Fork DIY Build #1  

SJay

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225 Tractor, John Deere 4x2 Gator, Husqvarna Zero Turn, John Deere Buck 650 ATV
First I would like to thank everyone who contributes on the TBN. I have learned many things since joining TBN just a few months ago. Second, I wanted to build a set of brush forks for my Bobcat CT225 tractor. Putting a few ideas together that I have seen on TBN I came up with the following design. I still have some things to finish up - ran out of time this week end.

Material - 2"x2" 3/16" Tubing, 1"x2" 3/16" Tubing.
Dimension: 60" width and the length of each fork is 35"

Any Questions or comments - fire away :thumbsup:

DIY Brush (2).jpg
DIY Brush (3).jpg
DIY Brush (4).jpg
DIY Brush (5).jpg
DIY Brush (6).jpg
DIY Brush (1).jpg

/ Brush Fork DIY Build #2  
Interesting project!!! What's the plan for fastening them to the bucket??

/ Brush Fork DIY Build
I am going to use 2"x2" 3/16" angle welded to the top of the left and right fork and then bolted to the side of the bucket. I am also planning on putting 2 legs under the bucket to kinda sandwich the forks to it.

/ Brush Fork DIY Build #4  
Problem is going to be the amount of leverage the forks can exert on the bolts. Better use Grade 8 and keep them very tight. The legs under the bucket will help some.

When using these you will have to be very cautious about over loading one fork. I think your tractor will have the ability to bend one if it's doing all the work alone.

/ Brush Fork DIY Build #5  
Good choice for metal! Agree with ovrszd about the potential to bend. Just need to be aware when using it.

/ Brush Fork DIY Build #6  
Did you consider hooking the front of the bucket lip running it under the bucket and chain or strapping to the top of the bucket from behind.

/ Brush Fork DIY Build
Yes, I will definitely be using grade 8 bolts. I do realize that if I am not cautions - things can get bent, broke, smashed and damaged. :D. No, I did not consider using a strap to hold the forks on.

/ Brush Fork DIY Build #8  
Just curious why you are using tubing for the tines. I built a set of forks that I use around 90% of the time. I used 1 1/4" ???? Sinker rod. It really holds up nice.

image-1806622458.jpg

/ Brush Fork DIY Build
I had seen a few design using the square tubing (which I am sorta copying :) - not so many with the round bars. No real scientific reason.

/ Brush Fork DIY Build #10  
I am going to use 2"x2" 3/16" angle welded to the top of the left and right fork and then bolted to the side of the bucket. I am also planning on putting 2 legs under the bucket to kinda sandwich the forks to it.

built these some time ago, easy on/off, no issues w' bucket damage, easy to build. your mileage may vary.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/193825-easy-forks.html?highlight=easy+forks=

Just curious why you are using tubing for the tines. I built a set of forks that I use around 90% of the time. I used 1 1/4" ???? Sinker rod. It really holds up nice.

I used hss on mine because of the weight limitations of the loader on my scut. every pound the forks don't weigh, I can pile on something else. :)