Brush Hog mower brands

/ Brush Hog mower brands #1  

design

Silver Member
Tractor
M5400
I just purchased a tractor with a Agritech 6' (Model number IM602) mower. Does anyone know about this brand?
Design

/ Brush Hog mower brands #2  
design said:
I just purchased a tractor with a Agritech 6' (Model number IM602) mower. Does anyone know about this brand?
Design

Nope - sorry.

Is there a tag on it to say where it is made? Thickness of the deck? Blades? Stump jumper? weight?

Got pictures?

jb

/ Brush Hog mower brands
There is a sticker.

World Agrictech Corporation, Bethel OH. Model Number: IM602.

The brush hog is red. The blades are 4"x1/2"x25+/-, hinged to a large rotating plate". How do you post photos? Single rear wheel.

Seems the company is no longer in business. Any idea what happened? Where do I find parts and manuals?

Design

/ Brush Hog mower brands #4  
JR,
These people have an eBay store that lists blades for the IM602. Maybe they can supply more info about World Agritech. Has the M4700 arrived in NH? Take care, Dick B

/ Brush Hog mower brands
Dick,
God willing, I will be picking it up Thursday this week. I will let you know when it gets here.
Design

/ Brush Hog mower brands #6  
I believe the IM602 is an International Machines bush hog. I think World Agritech bought International Machines Company or they changed the name.... Don't know much about the history, but if you search the forums, you'll probably see them referred to as International more than World Agritech. They're still made today.

/ Brush Hog mower brands #7  
design said:
How do you post photos?

Design

When you write your post, there is an "advanced" button. Click that. There is a button for "manage attachments", click that and upload the picture from your computer to the forum.

If you already have the pictures online (photobucket or similar) you can write the address of the image and it will show up when the post is opened.

jb

/ Brush Hog mower brands #8  
design said:
The blades are 4"x1/2"x25+/-, hinged to a large rotating plate".

At 1/2" thick blades, that's no light duty brush mower.

/ Brush Hog mower brands #9  
Many "light duty" brush mowers use 1/2" by 3" blades. The medium duty I've seen is 1/2" by 5" blades. Not sure about "heavy duty."

/ Brush Hog mower brands #10  
Z-Michigan said:
Many "light duty" brush mowers use 1/2" by 3" blades. The medium duty I've seen is 1/2" by 5" blades. Not sure about "heavy duty."

I left off a dimension in my reference. His blades are 1/2" X 4".

Woods uses 1/2" X 4" in all of their medium and heavy duty rotary cutters. Their medium duty cutters (suggested for tractors up to 120 HP) are rated to cut 2" brush, heavy duty (up to 150 HP) are rated for 4".

Woods "standard duty" cutters use 3/8" x 3" blades for their 4 and 5 foot models (up to 50 HP tractors), and 1/2" x 3" for their 6 and 7 foot models (for up to 65 HP tractors). These are rated to cut 1" saplings. I own the 5 foot model BB60, and have no problem with 1.5" softwoods (pine, cedar), and have done 2" softwoods, but that's pushing the limits.

LandPride uses 1/2" x 3" for all of their lighter duty "15xx" series cutters (for up to 50 HP tractors), 1/2" x 4" blades for their other cutters (for tractors up to 110 HP).

My spec sheets are a few years old now, so things may have changed a bit since then.

John Mc