brush mower

/ brush mower #1  

ppea

Bronze Member
Tractor
1056xl,grillo g 110
I have this model of brush mower and the brakes isn't smooth at all.Brakes doesn't fell like a drum brake.Hangs very often.

Attachments

• nbnts80dx.jpg__600x600_q85_subsampling-2.jpg
    nbnts80dx.jpg__600x600_q85_subsampling-2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 175
   / brush mower #2  
Maybe they need to be adjusted do you have the owners book ?

/ brush mower
This mower doesn't have a differential and work by deconnecting a wheel to steering.It work ok but it's annoying.I wanted to know if this mode of operation is normal

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    989.5 KB · Views: 158
   / brush mower #4  
Maybe the cable/linkage needs to be lubed..

/ brush mower
it's a internal problem or this is the way it work.i hope a user with same type of mower can confirm or not.

/ brush mower #6  
This appears to be a NIBBI 80 dedicated flail mower, only available in Europe. According to their web site, it only has a 'service' brake, no idea what that means?
Interesting machine.

/ brush mower
I also have a grillo and I'm thinking of attaching it to a berta flail mower.Do you think it would be an advantage over dedicated flail mower?

/ brush mower #8  
depending on what grillo you have. open differential? Does it have steering brakes, I would assume brakes are better than un-engaging the drive wheels. Do you have enough HP to run a flail the same size that you have. or do you want a bigger unit? Is your dedicated brush mower a hydro-static belt drive? Do you have alot of back and forth cutting where a hydrostatic would be helpful?

Lastly, the Grillo PTO doesn't work in reverse, do you cut in reverse?

Best of luck.

/ brush mower #9  
I also have a grillo and I'm thinking of attaching it to a berta flail mower.Do you think it would be an advantage over dedicated flail mower?

I'm glad you brought this up. I was thinking 'why would you have a dedicated flail mower when you have a Grillo G110?' :confused:
Your Grillo certainly has enough power to run a Berta 30" flail mower.
We have a 26" on our BCS - built like a tank.

Cheers :drink:

/ brush mower
I have a dedicated flail mower before buyng grillo.I got it at a lower price than a berta flail mower.Grillo has a open diff and it work much soft than the dedicated mower.I am think to attach the mower to the grillo. The dedicated flail mower has belts and it's hard to find.Even the Y knifes it's hard to find.