brushfork (humor)

/ brushfork (humor) #1  

Cidertom

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4520, 2305 Aktive snow-trac ST4
I was looking and wishing at attachments. The child unit wanted to know what I was looking at. I told him a "Brush fork" and how I needed one.

He went running to the wife unit saying we had to have a "brush fork". The wife unit soon appeared saying she would supply a brush fork. ...handed me items in the picture.

She then left saying brush fork for tractor would be after new cabinets for kitchen.

Attachments

• brushfork.jpg
    brushfork.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 525
   / brushfork (humor) #2  
Sounds like the answer I would get if I asked for anything to do with my tractor budget.
David from jax

/ brushfork (humor) #3  
Cidertom, what i would do is go buy a nice brushfork...... then if Whats-Her-Name is upset, i'd ask for forgiveness. ;)

/ brushfork (humor) #4  
Looks like you better start looking for cabinets before she uses that on you.:D

/ brushfork (humor) #6  
So logically, if you were to move the medicine cabinet from the bathroom to the kitchen you could then go get a brush fork for the tractor.

/ brushfork (humor) #7  
Tisk tisk. You should plan better. You could have bought the fork and used the man's 3 day garage rule. Any item in the garage for 3 days or longer can be referenced as "that old thing?" and commented on with "Had it for a long time".

jb

/ brushfork (humor) #8  
"Honey, if I had the brush fork, I would finish the job much faster leaving more time to install the cabinets"

Hmm......nah

Can you convince that it will aid in the installation of the cabinets?

Why can't mama ever pick tractor friendly projects.....

/ brushfork (humor) #9  
john_bud said:
Tisk tisk. You should plan better. You could have bought the fork and used the man's 3 day garage rule. Any item in the garage for 3 days or longer can be referenced as "that old thing?" and commented on with "Had it for a long time".

Hahaha "Got that a while back" ;)

/ brushfork (humor)
Well, the "rest of the story". Last year I broke the rankin rear blade. Really broke it. So as I'm trying to figure out how to fix it, wife says we don't have time for that and "just go buy one". So I shop around and find the blade I want: landpride full hydraulic 84" and its rated cat 1/2. While the tractor has cat 1 hardware, the HP is in the cat 2 region. This small fact may have been the demise of the first blade.

So I order the blade, it comes in and I am back to the terrace project. Then she finds out exactly how much "just go buy one" costs. In my defense I did text her with the bids as I got them ($450 difference in the same blade 3 dealers 20 mi radius). So my just go get it and get away with it card has been used for the forseeable future.