Bucket Cylinder LA463 Loader

/ Bucket Cylinder LA463 Loader #1  

Recoveryhill

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3700SU
Evening. So a Bucket Cylinder on my L3700SU/LA463 started leaking. Even though I'm at the end of the world, simple, right? Called Messicks with part number from my manual and they said that even with that part number and age (purchased in 2010) they couldn't identify the correct kit and told me to pull a serial number off the Loader. Only problem, search as I might, no serial number.

Anyone out there know if in fact serial numbers are on the Loader Kits. The loader was produced at Kubota's Georgia facility. Even better, anyone know what kit works with a ten year old LA463? I'm a little steamed that if what Messicks says is true, there are variations in seal kits within the same part number. They had the number that is in my book and listed it as W/O quick attach, which is how I'm configured but said there were variations?

/ Bucket Cylinder LA463 Loader #2  
I can not help with a number, but I can say another option would be to have a hydraulic shop rebuild the cylinder.

This month I just had the two curl cylinders rebuilt on my LA402 loader and it only cost $60 more than if I had bought the Kubota seal kit, which cost just over $40. Paid $100 for each cylinder. Was worth it to me.

/ Bucket Cylinder LA463 Loader
I can not help with a number, but I can say another option would be to have a hydraulic shop rebuild the cylinder.

Ah....the land of milk and honey. I live on an 84 square mile island 1,200 miles SE of Miami so shop services are very limited other than on some large construction equipment. Progress however with Messicks. I forgot I had placed my purchase docs in with the Service Manuals and the lot escaped Maria's revenge. When Messicks looked up the Loader S/N it came back on an RTV?

Georgia at Messicks got in touch with Kubota and between the two they came up with a conclusion on which parts I needed in a seal kit and they are shipping out today. I ask again, "Should obtaining cylinder seal kits be this difficult"? It is the ultimate in wear item. As it turns out, Kubota in their wisdom frequently changes cylinder mfgs and even someone like Messicks can't keep up and is not furnished good data. The parts changes according to the serial number of the loader, and only Kubota has that split information. The numbers in my LA463 Manual are useless, ditto for Messicks parts lists. Also, while Messicks had the S/N as being an RTV, Kubota was able to apply it to a loader package and determine correct seals.

Awards: Georgia at Messicks did an outstanding job sorting all this out and truly went the extra mile. Also my 10 year old, hard worked L3700SU has up until this issue, had nothing go bad, just keeping up with maintenance items. I don't really even consider a bucket cylinder leak after that time working to be "bad". I'll have one eye on the Post Office and the other looking over my shoulder at Weather to the East. We are at ground zero in Hurricane Ally at 17N X 64W.

/ Bucket Cylinder LA463 Loader #4  
Did not catch your location. Glad things are working out for you!