Bucket holes

/ Bucket holes #1  

cperky

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 1025r with 120r front end loader, Hustler zero turn mower
I have two holes on top of my bucket. Came this way new. Do these have a specific purpose?

23653D3B-EB2C-4E00-A6DA-B05463779E4F.jpeg

/ Bucket holes #2  
Does not look like the heavy duty bucket, so I wouldn't place hooks there without some reinforcement added on the underside.
No idea why.

/ Bucket holes #3  
I have two holes on top of my bucket. Came this way new. Do these have a specific purpose?

View attachment 697008
Defective!
Missing steel that you paid for!
Tell dealer you need replacement bucket, without holes! :sneaky:
Report back!

/ Bucket holes #4  
It appears from viewing 120R PC to be factory made holes.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-02 154025.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-02 154025.png
    148.5 KB · Views: 139
   / Bucket holes
It appears from viewing 120R PC to be factory made holes.
Interesting .... I’m curious what the purpose is? Is there something designed to mount there? The holes are painted on the inside.

/ Bucket holes #6  
Perhaps it's for some type of fixture locating holes used during manufacturing for robotic bending-welding.
Could be as simple as a point to attach a stout angle iron for a center hook for owners that don't weld or want to mess up the paint. 🤔

/ Bucket holes #7  
They are used to bolt the bucket to the loader when they ship them from the factory. We have an XL pate that uses them in addition to drilling two or four more to mount a hook or receiver hitch.

holes in bucket top for shipping.jpg

IMG_6312.jpg

/ Bucket holes
Thanks for the info kennyd! I’ve been trying to decide what hook setup I want on my bucket, I’m not sure If I want a receiver hitch up there but I want a hook or two for sure and maybe a D ring. Using the predrilled holes would be nice too. Any recommendations for a hook/ d ring combo to mount on my bucket?

/ Bucket holes #9  
Our most popular option is two hook/clevis combs inline with the loader arms. About 25% opt for something in the middle. Its extremely hard for me to recommend specific setups when I have no idea how you indeed to use your machine.

/ Bucket holes #10  
Thanks for the info kennyd! I’ve been trying to decide what hook setup I want on my bucket, I’m not sure If I want a receiver hitch up there but I want a hook or two for sure and maybe a D ring. Using the predrilled holes would be nice too. Any recommendations for a hook/ d ring combo to mount on my bucket?
Warning-internet opinion 😆
Bad place for a receiver, too high and poor hook up visibility.
In general, the center of the (top) bucket requires a lot of reinforcement before you can use it for lifting.