Front-End Loader BUCKET SPADE TODAY // FEL BUCKET ATTACHMENT

/ BUCKET SPADE TODAY // FEL BUCKET ATTACHMENT #101  
Just to add a quick tip...

I have the Quick Spade and use it with my forks.

Working in wet clay soil, such as ditching, can almost "cement" the QS to the forks, making it difficult to separate them when done.

A bottle jack and a couple of 4x4 blocks can be used to press the QS off the forks.

Works fast and way easier than using a maul to pound the QS off the end of the forks.

/ BUCKET SPADE TODAY // FEL BUCKET ATTACHMENT #102  
Just to add a quick tip...

I have the Quick Spade and use it with my forks.

Working in wet clay soil, such as ditching, can almost "cement" the QS to the forks, making it difficult to separate them when done.

A bottle jack and a couple of 4x4 blocks can be used to press the QS off the forks.

Works fast and way easier than using a maul to pound the QS off the end of the forks.

Nice to know I'm not the only one with the problem. So the jack is based against the rear of the forks where they attach at 90 degrees to the loader?

/ BUCKET SPADE TODAY // FEL BUCKET ATTACHMENT #103  
I had to give mine a few good whacks with a sledgehammer. It definitely gets stuck on good!

/ BUCKET SPADE TODAY // FEL BUCKET ATTACHMENT #104  
It looks like you got a lot of good use out of that spade on the ends of your forks. Real work was accomplished, and it saved your body.

/ BUCKET SPADE TODAY // FEL BUCKET ATTACHMENT #105  
(snip)... and it saved your body.

That's the whole reason I bought this tractor! A lot of what I do with it I can do/have done by hand, but I'm already starting to feel my age at only 33. I want to slow that process down!

/ BUCKET SPADE TODAY // FEL BUCKET ATTACHMENT #106  
That's the whole reason I bought this tractor! A lot of what I do with it I can do/have done by hand, but I'm already starting to feel my age at only 33. I want to slow that process down!
I am twice your age, and let me tell you, it doesn't get a whole lot better. :)

/ BUCKET SPADE TODAY // FEL BUCKET ATTACHMENT #108  
Nice to know I'm not the only one with the problem. So the jack is based against the rear of the forks where they attach at 90 degrees to the loader?
Exactly as you stated.

The 4x4s fill some of the gap and give the jack something to push against.

Quick and easy!

/ BUCKET SPADE TODAY // FEL BUCKET ATTACHMENT
Can anyone recommend a stump bucket for a compact tractor, specifically a Kubota L2501?

Would a short length stump bucket minimize risk of straining the FEL?

A stump bucket is too long for a 2,700 pound bare weight tractor.

Stump buckets are primarily Skid Steer attachments. Stump buckets work OK on tractors with a bare weight of at least 5,000 pounds, with enough Loader hydraulic pressure to lift 2,500 pounds to full height.

My 3,700 pound bare weight Kubota L3560 with LA805 Loader did not have enough tractor weight nor FEL hydraulic power to push a moderate length stump bucket with serrated cutting edges into damp Florida sandy loam nor leverage it out.

---- 0 ----

Smf834 (edited) October 29, 2021

1) We live on 5+ wooded acres in the Pacific NW. Lots of holly trees and blackberry bushes need to go.

This is the work I do every day.

Consider a Paumco bucket spade, the lightest, shortest bucket spade sold for tractors. A bucket spade is a reasonable attachment for shrub excavation on an L2501.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tractor+paumco+bucket+spade

Attachments

• DSC00418.jpg
    DSC00418.jpg
    853.4 KB · Views: 415
  • DSC00692.JPG
    DSC00692.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 999

2) and short volunteer bushes around the taller trees.

Loppers or a battery powered reciprocating saw. I like Makita.

Last edited:
   / BUCKET SPADE TODAY // FEL BUCKET ATTACHMENT #110  
After bowing my bucket, I welded my quick spade oo a quick attach plate. It was a bit of work, but it really made a huge difference. It is easier to get on and off and also easier to see around. i can switch from spade to bucket and back in about 5 minutes.