Bucket Teeth/Home Made?

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #41  
I bought a kit off the internet and built my own, about half the cost of a prefab job, easily removed when not needed and has replaceable teeth if I break or wear one out. Don't remember who I purchased from. Easy build, maybe 2hrs at the most.

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #42  
I bought a kit off the internet and built my own, about half the cost of a prefab job, easily removed when not needed and has replaceable teeth if I break or wear one out. Don't remember who I purchased from. Easy build, maybe 2hrs at the most.

Try the Heavy Hitch website. They have premade ones that I found on Tractor Time With Tim channel on YouTube.
You get 15% off if you use coupon code TTWT. I'm probably gonna get it for my JD 1023e when my wife's not looking, lol!

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #43  
There is another option too...Have a second, spare bucket!

Obviously I do not know what it is for other people's tractors, but for my Kubota a new bucket is only $450.

I was thinking of taking my old bucket that is kind of worn out, and making it into a toothed, spade-nose bucket. In that way, when I am digging a lot in my gravel pit, I can put my gravel bucket on, and yet when I am scraping manure out of the barn, I can put my straight edge bucket on. Spade nose buckets really work well digging in the hard stuff.

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #44  
Worst idea ever IMO. I bought my ford 1900 with a front loader that had teeth welded on it. It's not a dozer. Whenever I try to move dirt from a dirt pile and get to the bottom and try to get that last bucket or so off the ground as soon as the teeth hit the earth (If I put it a little to low) the teeth bite into the earth which pulls the bucket down a little then the whole thing just goes to pot from there it starts to try and dig down. I always end up having to stop and manually shovel that last little bit of the pile into my bucket with a shovel. If the ground is uneven forget it. Other tractors may not be a problem on mine it is hard to see the bucket position and/or feel the bucket position if the teeth are parallel to the ground or not. I probably would not have as much problem if I could see if the teeth were parallel to the ground so they would not have a chance to grip the earth and pull down. If you hit a root that happens to be on/near the surface and it gets on one tooth you are out of luck with that my friend it's going to pull the bucket down and stop you. I've been seriously thinking of grinding those off for years but just lazy.

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #45  
There is another option too...Have a second, spare bucket!

That's what I did as it also allows sizing the bucket for the maximum amount of material that could be lifted with the loader capacity. The standard buckets (from my understanding) are sized for the loader capacity with a dense material (e.g. wet sand/gravel at 3,000+lbs per cubic yard), where most soil is less dense than that and manure & wood chips even less dense.

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #46  
There a lot of pretty inexpensive weld on shanks with pin-on teeth teeth on eBay. Search "2740-MW-23" . Also, Amazon has a lot of products from Digger Supply such as "5 CAT Style J200 Backhoe Bucket Shanks 3/4" Lip, Dirt Teeth, 1U-3202, 119-3205" These would work great with a piece of about 1/2" by 3 to make your own tooth bar or just buy the pin-on teeth and cut to fit and weld them to the bucket. Either would be very strong!

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #47  
Does anyone have any recommendations for ripper teeth to add to a cutting edge? Specifically in Canada.

After noticing some pretty significant wear on the bucket of my Ford 1210 I decided I'm going to fit a snowplow cutting edge I have lying around. I want to use the slide on, bolted at the sides of the bucket method rather than drilling all along the bucket edge. I figured if I had to weld metal to the cutting edge so it can slip over the bucket, I might as well add some teeth.

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #48  
Well,

As you can see by my name I am from Yukon Canada, unfortunately we are not that fortunate to have access to lots of stores. Any that would sell a tooth bar anyhow. Besides I absolutely lothe ordering stuff, I can't bare the wait.

So I figure 40 bucks worth of steel 10 bucks worth of rod a half a box of wobbly pop should do it. The deffinite drawback will be the "permanense" of it, but once again half a box should get it ground back off.

Plus it will trully tell me if I should have bought her "implants' or just "dentures".

I promise to post pics if I ever get it on the go.

YukonKing

That's a great line! When I think implants, I think lower on the female body. :D

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #49  
Mind in the gutter? How low can you go?

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #50  
Good Day,

I'm thinking of using 1"-1 1/4" solid stock steel, then cutting 8-10" inch lenghths at an angle (for the tooth point) then hard surfacing the point edges, then welding solid to the bucket. Any ideas. I already decided that solid mount would be ok. I don't need to take them off....i hope. Oh well I always can grind the welds out.
--- ---
Greetings neighbor.. From northern BC here...

So I see this is an older thread.. How has this worked out for you... ?? ??
--- ---
Two projects I have sketched out in my "good idea" note book are a set of manure forks to clip on and bolt onto my bucket like a piranha tooth bar.. And a set of longer debris forks to slide on and secure over and along with my pallet forks.. Kind of like a dental bridge of extra teeth...

Like you said, stores don't have a lot up here, and shipping can be a deal breaker on many things.. So a set of DIY skills can be golden..