Bucket Teeth/Home Made?

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #21  
Made some teeth last month out of 1 1/2" hex the neighbor gave me.Cut them on the chop saw.

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #22  
Yukon .... Very nice. Don't worry about what the welds look like .... Just blame it on the wobbly juice (as evidenced in the background on the driveway!)

Not bad for $100

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #23  
Where do you guys get your steel? I'd love to do some stuff for my (maybe) tractor.
I know at a couple of places they have a VERY limited supply of metal in small sizes. But for this big stuff, they just don't have it.

thanks

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #24  
I buy surplus steel from a place in Fort Wayne called C.Henry Steel. They have a couple of acres of just about anything for 35 cents a pound.

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #25  
POC said:
Where do you guys get your steel? I'd love to do some stuff for my (maybe) tractor.
I know at a couple of places they have a VERY limited supply of metal in small sizes. But for this big stuff, they just don't have it.

thanks
Where are you in southern IN?
There are two or three places in Greensburg that I can get just about anything I want.
Plus there is Oneal Steel in shelbyville that will sell (or at least they used to ) to an individual.
Look for fabrication shops in the phone book. Usually they will have a sign out that says "steel sales" also.

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #26  
I'm near French Lick.

I thought of a place in Mitchell that I can probably get steel from.

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #28  
POC said:
I'm near French Lick.

I thought of a place in Mitchell that I can probably get steel from.

Looks like there is a place called cessna welding/sigma steel down there.
Most welding shops will sell steel. I get my best deals from a small place that does custom fabrication.

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #29  
HA! That is exactly the place I was thinking of. I had them make me some brackets to hold the rafters to the walls of my house (long story).

I'll have to stop in there next week and see them. "The Brothers Cessna".