Bucket/ thumb wood splitter

/ Bucket/ thumb wood splitter #1  

Bing187

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B3300SU
Hi all,
I keep coming across a video for a splitting attachment on Facebook. It mounts on the bucket and thumb of a mini excavator, and it looks like a great way to split wood, especially you have an uncooperative L4,5 and S1 like mine. I did reach out to the manufacturer to inquire as to whether they had something that would fit a CUT like my B3300, with BH76, but no reply thus far.
Anyone here ever made, bought or seen something along these lines?

/ Bucket/ thumb wood splitter #2  
I have only seen them for skid steers and mini excavators. Your tractor has a lot less hydraulic flow available- only 6.7 gpm. That will make for a slow cycle time, but maybe that would be acceptable for you. You'd also have to make your own bucket mount.

Maybe a splitter with a log lift, or a Gorrilla-bac lift on your current splitter, might be enough of a help.

/ Bucket/ thumb wood splitter #4  
That would work on my Kubota KX33 excavator

/ Bucket/ thumb wood splitter #5  
Been watching this subject for awhile, just found a 10 minute vid with a LOT of ideas - most seem to be pretty expensive to BUY, but you asked for DIY too -

My old Case hoe is spec'd at 9400 lbs bucket force, if that's at bucket teeth a splitter attachment should about double that - but that's STILL only 9 tons, so it'd depend on whether you're wanting to split nice straight-grained fir or the nastiest knot infested wood on the planet - here's an image I got off the net a few years ago, used to be available as a bolt-on but that went away... Steve

Attachments

• KwikJawCutter.png
    KwikJawCutter.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 139