Bud's Clydesdale???

/ Bud's Clydesdale??? #1  

Leejohn

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240, B7800 & BX2660
I just read Impressive !! MINNESOTA CLYDESDALE and we were taking about the buds clydesdale last week. We was wondering after bud sold out, what did they do with the clydesdales?

/ Bud's Clydesdale??? #3  
They used to be at the State Fair of Texas every year, but not the last few years.

/ Bud's Clydesdale??? #4  
I just read Impressive !! MINNESOTA CLYDESDALE and we were taking about the buds clydesdale last week. We was wondering after bud sold out, what did they do with the clydesdales?

They're still around. You can see a lot of them at the stud farm near Grant's Farm in South St. Louis County. My brother sees them everyday as he does his 16 miles on the nearby bike path.

/ Bud's Clydesdale??? #7  
There was a documentary a few years back, entitled "The Gentle Giants". It was a wonderful program; and it was very heartwarming. Apparently the Clydesdales were originally bred as war horses, and originate from the banks of the River Clyde in Scotland, where Budweiser folks went for fresh blood for their stock. Would watch it again any day.

/ Bud's Clydesdale??? #8  
I saw some of the Budweiser Clydesdales at our county fair in northern WI the summer of 2011, they are some good looking animals

/ Bud's Clydesdale??? #9  
Our neighbor raises Clydesdales and sells them. He trains them to harness. I can not get over how huge these horses are. The only thing I wouldn't like about them is that their feathers can get seriously caked with mud when they are out in a muddy pasture. The neighbor bought a pressure washer to wash the mud out of their feathers.

/ Bud's Clydesdale??? #10  
Before the sell out, I sometimes worked at one of the parks with Budweiser clydes. They would move them from one side of the park to the other along the access road. Watching a guy bareback one, with 3 other sets of reins in his hands was pretty awesome.