Building a 3 point balast box

/ Building a 3 point balast box #11  
I think I was typing as you were typing about the top link. My post made it right after yours. I put the 2x2 in there to give it stability because I grab the barrel from the bottom. This was a real stiff plastic barrel so I flipped the piece I cut off and used it as a base. Now I see what you're saying about the balance point. Still seems it could rock back and forth without an anchor point.....

/ Building a 3 point balast box
This is going to be my heavy ballast box. I need something for my forklift work. I'll be lifting hay and sawdust into my loft. I'll have about 9 inches of ground clearance under the drum. If you lift your ballast too high it will through your center of gravity up to high also. My Kabota B7800 is a small tractor and it is already a little tippy. I will make a lighter box for lighter work. I have been clearing a lot of rock with no ballast and it has been kinda hairy going sideways on front wheels LOL.

These pics are of the stones I have been moving this morning. This little pole barn faces my paddock and it is so the horses can walk out of the rain. I am taking this wall down and it is gona be my new pool house for my wifes in ground pool there putting in a few weeks from now. The stones in this pile I made this morning are going to be used in my next water garden project next spring

Attachments

• 000_0114.jpg
    000_0114.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 494
  • 000_0115.jpg
    000_0115.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 384
  • 000_0116.jpg
    000_0116.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 345
  • 000_0117.jpg
    000_0117.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:
   / Building a 3 point balast box #15  
looks good i like the idea of not needing a toplink. See mine made of wood about 2000 lbs

Attachments

• IMG_0109 (Small).jpg
    IMG_0109 (Small).jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 404
   / Building a 3 point balast box #16  
m7040

what is the manufactuer of your pallet forks

tommu56

/ Building a 3 point balast box #17  
It is made by Construction Attachments and is a quick attach type. Using a Bradco plate to adapt the 3 point to quick attach and a CCM cat 2 top tilt cylinder to make it easy to attach. Just back up tilt and lift and it is on. Also can drop the ballast box by itself very easy the same way.

/ Building a 3 point balast box #18  
For some of us the 55 gallon barrel is a little large. I built my weight box out of scrap metal in a rectangle 16"d, 12"h, and 22"w. It has room for another 100# if I move the bracket to the top. Presently it weighs 561#. I use it on my JD 4110 with the snow plow and could move it to the TC 55 New Holland if needed. I can also slide some of the bar stock out for use on the cultipacker. It stores easily with a roller pallet. I may be able to adapt it to the front of the NH and remove the loader for better visibility in field applications.

Attachments

• John Deere 4.JPG
    John Deere 4.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 307
   / Building a 3 point balast box
That is a nice setup, I love the M70 series tractor. I think it is my favorite tractor that Kubota make, Especially the cab model. Maybe someday. I love my B7800 too. I could have a whole stable of tractors in a perfect world.