Building an 8遅16 gooseneck dump trailer

/ Building an 8遅16 gooseneck dump trailer
Re: Building an 8 to 16 foot gooseneck dump trailer

HayDude, on the Diamond C, what is the platform over the gooseneck used for?

... //TJ

Thats called a deck on the neck. Its a 6x8 platform to carry extra hay bales, or tractor loader attachments (buckets, forks, etc) or anything else you want to strap down. Heres the deck on the neck on my Kaufman

Attachments

• 81E8B4E1-865F-4A57-9BAA-2EB3DC3EBD47.jpeg
    81E8B4E1-865F-4A57-9BAA-2EB3DC3EBD47.jpeg
    489.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
   / Building an 8遅16 gooseneck dump trailer #302  

Thats called a deck on the neck. Its a 6x8 platform to carry extra hay bales, or tractor loader attachments (buckets, forks, etc) or anything else you want to strap down.
Or to provide a nice porch to relax on in the evenings..........

Another reason I need to be >18k GVWR . Deck on the neck probably steals 800 pounds of payload.
Trying (but not succeeding) to get a 7 ton payload, but Im afraid it aint gonna happen :(

/ Building an 8遅16 gooseneck dump trailer #305  
Another reason I need to be >18k GVWR . Deck on the neck probably steals 800 pounds of payload.
Trying (but not succeeding) to get a 7 ton payload, but Im afraid it aint gonna happen :(
With what you want it would be close, you're probably looking at about 6-7k empty for one with 10k axles and the upper deck.

With what you want it would be close, you're probably looking at about 6-7k empty for one with 10k axles and the upper deck.

My Kaufman weighs ~ 9500 empty, so I would believe that the dump Im looking at buying would be ~6000.
The Sure Trac in the pic I posted is 4800, but its 8k axles and no deck on neck.

Attachments

• 5E1AFDE0-5232-4C17-839B-AE9385C2B9B7.png
    5E1AFDE0-5232-4C17-839B-AE9385C2B9B7.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 67
   / Building an 8遅16 gooseneck dump trailer #307  

Let's see, pool liner in the box, lawn chairs on the upper deck...pool heater tied into the truck exhaust...

Cheaper than building a pool...and your wife is happy!

Youtube video goes viral and you make enough $$$ to pay TMGT for building the new trailer!

Life is good...

Let's see, pool liner in the box, lawn chairs on the upper deck...pool heater tied into the truck exhaust...

Cheaper than building a pool...and your wife is happy!

Youtube video goes viral and you make enough $$$ to pay TMGT for building the new trailer!

Life is good...

We belong to a nice pool already, but thanks for the redneck comedy :laughing: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
   / Building an 8遅16 gooseneck dump trailer #309  

Just saw a YouTube vid of a guy comparing his (think it was Big Tex?) deckover he bought in 2017 to his new Diamond C deckover.

Looks like the Diamond C folks build a really sweet trailer.

Just used a nephew's Appalachian deckover...maybe 25 footer. Pulled OK, but not impressed.