Bulk Vegetable Seed

/ Bulk Vegetable Seed #1  

Stoner

Bronze Member
A little off topic. Where can I purchase sweet corn (i.e. Silver Queen) and other varieties by the pound to plant. I am also want to purchase other vegetable seed by the pound. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

/ Bulk Vegetable Seed #3  
I would think any good sized feed and seed or farm store in Florida would handle seed in these quantities. I buy bulk seed corn at my local Farm Service that caters more to gardeners than to bigger farmers. They also get me vegetable seed in any quantity from an ounce to a fifty pound bag.

/ Bulk Vegetable Seed #5  
i bought my sweet corn seed in 1/2 lb packs from Fedco Seed Co. I used to buy seed from Chesmore Seed Co but I don't know if they are still in business.

/ Bulk Vegetable Seed #6  
Stoner said:
A little off topic. Where can I purchase sweet corn (i.e. Silver Queen) and other varieties by the pound to plant. I am also want to purchase other vegetable seed by the pound. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

I assume you're talking about buying over the Internet and I never bought any of my seed that way. Like Redlevel said, it shouldn't be hard to find. If you were near Waco, TX, I could tell you of a good place where you even do your own measuring, weighing, sacking, etc.:D

/ Bulk Vegetable Seed #7  
Second vote for Harris seed. I pre-planted about 75 plants of three different varieties and every single seed sprouted. They are now in the ground and doing fine.

/ Bulk Vegetable Seed #9  
I was at our local elevator today. They had different varieties of sweet corn seed out in the larger bags. You can buy it by the pound there. They even supplied the bag.

You can also go online and do searches and find many seed places that will sell it in smaller quantities.

murph