Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut!

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut!
Hair appointment, yes I go to a women's salon, was for 8:05 or, "just as soon as I can get there after dropping daughter at school". She didn't laugh that much, said she had seen worse, but the smell after she washed my hair was bad for both of us. She trimmed hair and beard and mustache and didn't want to charge me anything. Girl has cut my hair for nearly twenty-five years. I gave her $20. Heck, she has a sophomore in high school and another sophomore in college.

After I got home I could still smell burned hair. Had to get my 'battery powered nostril hair trimmer' out and do some trimming in there.

RSKY

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #12  
Burn barrels in Washington State are illegal State wide. I miss having one but I understand why they do it when you look at how the west coast has been slowly burning up every summer over the past decade. You can still burn a pile of stuff legally if the weather conditions permit. Your 'sposed to notify the local fire department in advance. Most people don't. Not a problem unless your fire gets away, then it can be a big problem.

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #13  
I cut my own hair, the whole clipper set was only $5 more than the tip you gave for your free cut. One of the best investments I ever made. If you make a mistake, just drop it down a notch and 'reset'.

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #14  
:D

I know that it's a wee bit late to tell you but, whenever I run my burn-barrel, or a burn pyre... or defend my property from a bushfire... I wear my old Navy Anti-Flash hood and gloves, + cotton clothes.

My neighbours comment that I look like an Ewok, but nothing gets singed by an unexpected gust.

FF2020.2.JPG

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #15  
I found out the hard way that the fumes from Brake Clean are very combustible.
Bunch of hair and beard gone. Burned toward the back so silly looking.
Count yourself lucky it was just hair.
In my experience those "flash" burns don't usually burn the skin too bad but I did have what felt like
a sunburn for a day or so.

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #16  
Burn barrels in Washington State are illegal State wide. I miss having one but I understand why they do it when you look at how the west coast has been slowly burning up every summer over the past decade. You can still burn a pile of stuff legally if the weather conditions permit. Your 'sposed to notify the local fire department in advance. Most people don't. Not a problem unless your fire gets away, then it can be a big problem.
It's illegal here for household trash and hazardous materials. But yard waste is fine. You can burn pretty much anytime here within reason, unless a burn ban is on.

And they don't restrict how it's burned whether fire pit, burn barrel or pile.

Most folks here cut the bottom out of a barrel and drop it over a small stump. Then use yard waste to burn up the stump.

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #17  
A guy used solvent to clean his tie in the locker room then threw solvent in a toilet but failed to flush it. Another guy came in and sat on toilet,lite a smoke and dropped match between his legs as he probably done many times before. Whooossh. He thought it was the result of gas he had passed and noone told him different for fear of what he might do if he knew the facts.

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #18  
A guy used solvent to clean his tie in the locker room then threw solvent in a toilet but failed to flush it. Another guy came in and sat on toilet,lite a smoke and dropped match between his legs as he probably done many times before. Whooossh. He thought it was the result of gas he had passed and noone told him different for fear of what he might do if he knew the facts.
A couple guys at a construction site kept getting into pretty heated arguments. One day we witnessed one of them go into a porta potty.

Just after the guy went in and got good and comfortable, the other guy goes running up there and drops an m80 down the vent pipe.

Dude got canned, but the results were pretty funny

The guy in the potty was a pretty big jerk and most of us thought he got what he deserved.

He came hobbling out the door as fast as he could, pants down around his ankles sporting a blue bottom

On another site, a brand new loader operator on his first day, swung around and clipped a porta potty. Knocked it over with the jobsite superintendent inside

Bout the only thing he was allowed to operate after that was a wheel barrow.

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #19  
Helped my Granddad caretake some cottages for rich folks out of NYC. Close them in the fall, open them in the spring, whatever was needed.

He was down looking under the old gas hot water heater to light it...whoosh...pop...

Looked up at me with singed everything...eyebrows standing straight up... Looked like Doc Brown from Back to the Future!

Very memorable for an 8 year old!

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #20  
I gave up the burn barrel years ago. Now I burn in a big open pit. I've learned to remove any/all lids from plastic bottles/containers. One went off like a bomb and I had to chase little fire bombs all over the place. Wasn't really that big a concern though - I only burn when there is snow on the ground or like now when everything is super wet and soggy.