Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut!

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #21  
I cut my own hair, the whole clipper set was only $5 more than the tip you gave for your free cut. One of the best investments I ever made. If you make a mistake, just drop it down a notch and 'reset'.
I also have one of those, problem is that when I use it, it looks like I used it, not pretty.

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #22  
I agree on the clipper set. I cut my own hair routinely. March 18th, the day after Saint Patrick's Day.
I dye all the hair above my neck (EXCEPT my moustache) green for the 17th, take it off the day after.
This year I'm thinking of just washing part of my beard and seeing what a 2 year old beard would look like.

I've been doing this for about 17 years.

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #23  
Haircuts - just a waste of time. About once a month I shave off every hair on my head. I'm impressed. That's good enough for me.

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #24  
I agree on the clipper set. I cut my own hair routinely. March 18th, the day after Saint Patrick's Day.
I dye all the hair above my neck (EXCEPT my moustache) green for the 17th, take it off the day after.
This year I'm thinking of just washing part of my beard and seeing what a 2 year old beard would look like.

I've been doing this for about 17 years.
You sound like a complete lunatic, we would get on well:p

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #25  
Haircuts - just a waste of time. About once a month I shave off every hair on my head. I'm impressed. That's good enough for me.
I shaved for my annual for years, but then the "3-day stubble look" became popular so I usually just do the clippers without guide combs, so I'm more like a fuzzy peach the first day. Shaving required more effort, and since I used a single blade razor, occasional loss of blood.

For years I would let my children cut my hair and beard off in the spring, usually with a Wahl clipper. But then one year my son (~15 at the time) decided he could use scissors and almost cut through my ear lobe. I bled all over. Must have lost 2 ounces of blood but it was impressive. Fixed with tape and superglue.

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #26  
My wife had a relative, he passed a few years back, who was big into BBQs. He had a garage full of BBQs from little, itty bitty Webers to large pig cookers. I could see having two, maybe three, BBQs but a garage full?

Anyway, one day we went to his house for a pig cooking and I noticed his legs were hair less and kinda pink looking....

He had gone out in the garage, pulled one of the BBQs just outside the door, and let it. One of his other BBQs was leaking propane and there was a boom. :eek: He was wearing fairly long shorts that day. When we saw him a few days after the BBQ Big Bang, he was wearing slightly shorter shorts, and you could see his burn line, so to speak.

Lucky to be alive he was. But he was either the luckiest or the unluckiest man alive.

He was a medevac copter pilot in Vietnam and was shot down three times. Got messed up pretty good on one of the shoot downs. Right before the BBQ Big Bang, a herd of deer ran right in front of him driving his brand new car. Car was totaled and he was hurt. Year later, he was home alone working on the roof. :unsure: He fell off the roof on to his deck and broke an arm and a leg. His deck was oddly shaped so he had to crawl up some stairs, down some stairs, back up some stairs, across the kitchen and then up the wall to get to the phone to call 911. I think that would have killed many a person.

Later,
Dan

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #27  
I stopped by my sister’s house recently and she said Bob (my BIL) would be out in a few minutes as he was taking a shower after her first attempt at giving him a hair cut. Out he comes with wet hair and I’m struggling to keep a straight face. My sister cracks up laughing and looks at me and says, ‘Moe‘? Hmmm, no, Larry. Thankfully he is a very good sport.
1646693142960.jpeg

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #28  
If he couldn't smell the propane at that concentration , something detrimental surely happened to his smeller previous to the explosion . That's a case no luck at all without bad luck . OR , as you said , Good luck . OMYGAWD poor fellow , but we appreciate his service to his country .

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #29  
I found out the hard way that the fumes from Brake Clean are very combustible.
Bunch of hair and beard gone. Burned toward the back so silly looking.
Count yourself lucky it was just hair.
In my experience those "flash" burns don't usually burn the skin too bad but I did have what felt like
a sunburn for a day or so.
You’re lucky that you didn’t inhale the superheated air. I had a co-worker who did that and it damaged his lungs. A few years later he succumbed to pneumonia.

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #30  
Years ago I used to cut my hair with scissors, slow process, but people thought I went to a stylist. Now for 20 years about every 5 weeks I just cut it with the
clippers, no attachments.

I use a burn barrel no problem in the winter. In the summer I burn very early in the morning when everything is covered with dew. I start it with diesel only.

Around 1972 I was living in the city of Detroit. I was watching TV and there was a loud noise and the apartment shook. I opened my door and my neighbor
opened his at the same time. We both knew what happened. The landlady lived under me and was very old. We knocked on her door and she opened it,
her eyebrows and hair were singed. We had the old style gas stoves and I thing she waited to long to light the oven. Not long after that she moved, but probably
for another reason, because we didn't say anything.