Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut!

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #31  
I agree on the clipper set. I cut my own hair routinely. March 18th, the day after Saint Patrick's Day.
I dye all the hair above my neck (EXCEPT my moustache) green for the 17th, take it off the day after.
This year I'm thinking of just washing part of my beard and seeing what a 2 year old beard would look like.

I've been doing this for about 17 years.
Best investment ever.... Dad's barber friend picked up a professional clipper for mom back in the 60's and the price is still on the box 19.50

40+ years of family haircuts made it the best 20 spent but I remember dad handing over the money for it and saying how many haircuts it was going to be to pay for it...

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #32  
40+ years of family haircuts made it the best 20 spent but I remember dad handing over the money for it and saying how many haircuts it was going to be to pay for it...
I pay between $25 and $40 depending on where I go, back then about $2?

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut!
My grandmother, father's mother, lived next to us in a very small one bedroom trailer. One day I got home from school and knocked on Grandma's door. She let me in and we sat talking. She asked me if I wanted something to eat like a grilled cheese sandwhich and I said sure. Now this trailer was old and had original appliances in it. Grandma opened the oven door, turned on the gas, stood and talked for a minute, struck a match, and threw the match into the oven. She never took her eyes off me or stopped talking as flames shot from the over with a boom. But the stove was lit. And I got my grilled cheese.

That night I told my dad about it and he made out like it was nothing. I kept on him and the next afternoon I insisted that he go to Grandma's for a grilled cheese. I stood outside and waited.

He took off from work the next day and with two of my uncles installed Grandma a new gas stove.... with a pilot light in the oven and no matches needed.

RSKY

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #34  
I've been burning for 5 years since living in the country. Burn barrels were OK but didn't hold much. I bought a large burn barrel from Pyro Tower.
I do not burn cans, bottles, or thick plastics. Only cardboard, paper products and very thin plastic such as sandwich bags.
The problem I found was the burn barrel rusted through at the bottom after 3 years. The problem I believe was the barrel wasn't elevated off of the ground so it didn't sit in water and I didn't empty the ash out frequently which got wet after each rain.
I try to only burn after a rain and don't put anything in the burn barrel that I'm not going burn immediately.

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #35  
Best investment ever.... Dad's barber friend picked up a professional clipper for mom back in the 60's and the price is still on the box 19.50

I cut my 4 sons hair for years and I haven't paid for a haircut in over 25 years. My wife has evolved into a great barber.

The only difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is about 2 weeks.

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #36  
I've been burning for 5 years since living in the country. Burn barrels were OK but didn't hold much. I bought a large burn barrel from Pyro Tower.
I do not burn cans, bottles, or thick plastics. Only cardboard, paper products and very thin plastic such as sandwich bags.
The problem I found was the burn barrel rusted through at the bottom after 3 years. The problem I believe was the barrel wasn't elevated off of the ground so it didn't sit in water and I didn't empty the ash out frequently which got wet after each rain.
I try to only burn after a rain and don't put anything in the burn barrel that I'm not going burn immediately.
The only burn barrel I've ever seen that lasts more than a couple of years is one I made from an old 420# propane tank. I've been using it for 15 years now and it's nowhere near rusted out.

Use extreme caution if you decide to cut one up though. DO NOT use a torch!!

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #37  
You're right 55 gal drums don't last very long, rust out. What I did is cut the bottom out and set it on two cement blocks, it's good for the ashes and air.
I put a rock or chunk of concrete on the cover to keep the wind from blowing the cover off or knock the barrel over. I don't have a torch, so I used my
air chisel to cut the bottom off the barrel.

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #38  
If he couldn't smell the propane at that concentration , something detrimental surely happened to his smeller previous to the explosion . That's a case no luck at all without bad luck . OR , as you said , Good luck . OMYGAWD poor fellow , but we appreciate his service to his country .
Yep.

I always joked with my wife, that if the world was ending, and we were near her uncle, should we run and grab a hold of him or run away from him as fast as possible? :unsure: :eek::ROFLMAO:

He was a really good man. He could cook a good pig. (y)

Well, his father and uncles did not think he was a good man when you landed a Huey on the farm, and the dairy cows would not give milk for a time. :ROFLMAO: Wish I could have seen that one.... 😁

Later,
Dan

/ Burn barrel got me, emergency hair cut! #39  
You’re lucky that you didn’t inhale the superheated air. I had a co-worker who did that and it damaged his lungs. A few years later he succumbed to pneumonia.
I was lucky in more ways than one. This little explosion happened inside a minivan wheel well while I was checking a brake leak.