Bush hog blade stopping

/ Bush hog blade stopping #81  
I was mowing grass with a 5 foot light duty King Kutter brush hog using a 40 horsepower NH tractor. It cut well in areas I had cut earlier this Spring but when it got into 2 foot tall grass (not that thick) it caused the blade to nearly stop but enough it did not cut at all. The mower has always been greased, the shear bolt was not damaged or broken. The blades are dull. When I would get back to the prior cut grass the blades would pick up speed and cut again but it had nothing for the taller grass. The tractor was moving at slow speed with engine RPM near 2500.
The problem is most of the grass is tall as my main tractor and mower have been down for 3 months waiting for an odd sized O ring. Really need to mow the tall stuff with what I have. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Something doesn’t seem right here. I used to have a small 20 hp JD tractor with only 17 pto hp. It would never big down in 2’ grass and weeds with a light duty 4’ cutter. That 40 hp tractor should have no trouble with 2’ grass and weeds.

/ Bush hog blade stopping #82  
IMHO you would need to crawl cutting 2 ft weeds
with the dull blades. Your blades have to be really
dull to slow down like that. Its amazing how sharp
blades and slow speed will really cut them weeds!

willy