Bush Hog

/ Bush Hog #121  
I agree that this has been amusing. My Bush Hog is a 10' wheel harrow. My rotary cutter is a Ford, that I call "the blue mower". The yellow mower is a Ford flail. My friend has Brown rotary (brand, not color) and it's really well made. I have my Skilsaw 77 and inherited my Father's, which is older than me. My Kubota disc mower is a Vicon branded as Kubota since they bought Kverneland. I call it a Vicon - they are built by Vicon and still sold under Vicon outside USA.
Going by the color scheme my tedder is a Kuhn, but they rebranded the same model for John Deere and New Holland, and probably others. My "haybine" is an Oliver, and was made by Owatonna before they merged with Gehl. They made an almost identical model for Ford. My 3-bottom Ford 101 plow was probably made by Oliver/Raydex. Sears slapped the "Craftsman" and "Kenmore" brands on lawn/garden equipment and appliances made by several different manufacturers over the years.

For all I know, Bush Hog (everybody says "Brush Hog" around here) made my rotary cutter, painting it blue for Ford/New Holland, making it somewhat accurate to call it a "Bush Hog.."

/ Bush Hog #122  
When you go to the store get me a COKE.
What kind?
Dr. Pepper
Don't buy Coke unless there's nothing else. Pepsi is better, Mountain Dew better yet.
But usually, I get the store brand of SODA in 2-liter bottles.

/ Bush Hog #123  
Gotcha. so long as we quit calling all tissues Kleenex, many small off road vehicles Jeeps (that aren’t), circular saws Skilsaws, adjustable wrenches Crescent wrenches (that aren’t) and on and on. Yes, you’re right, but it’s harmless, I think.

/ Bush Hog #124  
Going by the color scheme my tedder is a Kuhn, but they rebranded the same model for John Deere and New Holland, and probably others. My "haybine" is an Oliver, and was made by Owatonna before they merged with Gehl. They made an almost identical model for Ford. My 3-bottom Ford 101 plow was probably made by Oliver/Raydex. Sears slapped the "Craftsman" and "Kenmore" brands on lawn/garden equipment and appliances made by several different manufacturers over the years.

For all I know, Bush Hog (everybody says "Brush Hog" around here) made my rotary cutter, painting it blue for Ford/New Holland, making it somewhat accurate to call it a "Bush Hog.."
My Haybine (still have it) is a Haybine. My Ford 151 plow is an Oliver or White, if you paint it green or red (Oliver made them) great plow. I don't think my Ford rotary is Bush Hog - not as solid as Bush Hog. As far as Sears, my Winchester 94 is a Ted Williams 100.

/ Bush Hog #125  
Gotcha. so long as we quit calling all tissues Kleenex, many small off road vehicles Jeeps (that aren’t), circular saws Skilsaws, adjustable wrenches Crescent wrenches (that aren’t) and on and on. Yes, you’re right, but it’s harmless, I think.
Might want to hold onto that idea with a vise grip.(tm)

/ Bush Hog #126  
Linoleum, Formica, Scotch Tape, Post-Its, Melamine, Masonite, Super Glue, Wite-Out, Gleaner... All are either brand or trademarked names used interchangeably with the product they first brought to market. But when I write about my Bush Hog, it really IS a Bush Hog. But I've never had any problem with someone else referring to their rotary mower as a Bush Hog.

/ Bush Hog #127  
Hopefully this photo and an example should help clear it up, for anyone still confused. I haven't done any bush hogging yet this spring, but just used the grading blade to pull the stones back onto the driveway after a long winter. (And that's a Land Pride York rake in the background ;))

1649721189015.png

/ Bush Hog #128  
I’m going to go bush hog the pasture with my JD rotary thing-a- ma-jig.

/ Bush Hog #129  
I know I'm being picky but I have an issue with folks calling a rotary mower a Bush Hog. Bush Hog is a brand name just as John Deere, Ford, Dodge, etc.
Home - Bush Hog This is the Bush Hog website note they even call them rotary cutters. I know it may be a hard habit to break but could we learn to call them rotary cutters unless of course you are referring to the Bush Hog brand.
I hear what you are saying about it being a brand name, but to me a Bush Hog is what we would call a "swipe" where the cutters are three heavy chains mounted on a hub which will just about smash any thing in it's path.

/ Bush Hog #130  
I know I'm being picky but I have an issue with folks calling a rotary mower a Bush Hog. Bush Hog is a brand name just as John Deere, Ford, Dodge, etc.
Home - Bush Hog This is the Bush Hog website note they even call them rotary cutters. I know it may be a hard habit to break but could we learn to call them rotary cutters unless of course you are referring to the Bush Hog brand.
Just wondering if you have a problem with Q-tips or Kleenex?
Would brush hog be better?