Bushhog rototiller

/ Bushhog rototiller #1  

gandalf

Tractor
2000 New Holland TC40D Boomer
I finally got around to hooking up and trying out the Bushhog 74in rototiller. I tilled about a two acre area in preparation for a garden this spring and I was amazed at what a good job the tiller did. Earlier, I had used my box blade with the scarifiers in the lowest position to break up the soil and to find any hidden rocks. I did hit some BIG rocks in an area that I hadn't thought I'd find any and the tiller just pulled them out of the ground and kept going. I also own and use a Troybilt rear tine roto tiller, the biggest one they make and I was impressed by what it could do, but what would take me hours to do, now takes maybe ten-twenty minutes max! My TC40D Boomer handles the tiller almost like it wasn't there. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

"I love the smell of diesel in the morning."
Cummins powered 24V Dodge Rams rule!

/ Bushhog rototiller #2  
Ah, Gandalf. I just wish I could afford a new 54-60" Bush Hog tiller, but my five and half year old RTS40 still gets the job done, so I guess I'll just keep on using it. Tilled my garden plots day before yesterday. They really do a fine job, don't they?

Bird

/ Bushhog rototiller #3  
Did you compare the Brushhog to other Brands like the Land Pride? What cost difference did you see versus quality? Good idea in using the box blade to initially break up the ground!

/ Bushhog rototiller
The dealer that sold me my boomer only recommended Bushhog implements because of their proven performance. I have really been abusing my new tiller and it keeps on askin' for more. I have worked all of my impliments to death; the Box blade and scarifiers, the rotary cutter and the aforementioned rototiller and I really don't know how I could get along without all of them. The loader is also worth it's weight in gold. This boomer is a work horse! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Sam

"I love the smell of diesel in the morning."
Cummins powered 24V Dodge Rams rule!

/ Bushhog rototiller #5  
Sam, just make sure that you use your tiller when soil conditions are appropriate. Ideally it should be moist. To dry and not only do you make a ton of dust but you will be replacing tines much sooner then you would need to. To wet and your making clods. I too have a Troy Built and am on my 7th set of tines. Replacing them on it is time consuming, on a tractor tiller its a real pain and costly. Good luck with your garden. Rat...