Bushhogging Rough Terrain. XR4145

/ Bushhogging Rough Terrain. XR4145 #1  

dstriplett

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS XR4145
XR4145, weighted, FEL loaded with dirt, 7' heavy duty Bush Hog. Blades need to be replaced as you can see from the vibration. The 4145 has no problems with handling a 7' hog.

Bush Hogging Rough Terrain - YouTube

/ Bushhogging Rough Terrain. XR4145 #2  
I jumped on an XR4145 recently at a farm show and was impressed with the size of tractor and heft of the loader brackets. I've got a little J2023H, but hope to get a larger LS at some point. What's the overall weight on your tractor? How is it ballasted? Thanks.

/ Bushhogging Rough Terrain. XR4145 #3  
What model is the bushhog? The loader bucket loaded with dirt was probably overkill. Given the size and weight of the tractor....Just an empty bucket (or even no bucket but leaving the loader arms on) would have likely been sufficient.

/ Bushhogging Rough Terrain. XR4145
The tractor itself is 3869 lbs according to the spec sheet. That's before the ag tires were loaded by the dealer. (Rear tires only). Not sure what weight the FEL adds, but it's a hefty little beast when you put it all together. Appears stronger than my dad's Ford 3930 even though it's a smaller size. I thought I wished it had been a touch wider overall until I got out of the fields and into the woods. Perfect size.

For normal bush hog work I don't fill the bucket. I did so in this case out of an abundance of caution. I'm not certain of the Terrain since it's a new property for me and there are some pretty decent slopes to navigate. I'm not positive on the model Bush hog. It used to be dad's and looks a bit worn on the outside. 7' model, single blade 3/4" thick, dual tires on the rear and dual arms if that helps any.

/ Bushhogging Rough Terrain. XR4145 #6  
The tractor itself is 3869 lbs according to the spec sheet. That's before the ag tires were loaded by the dealer. (Rear tires only). Not sure what weight the FEL adds, but it's a hefty little beast when you put it all together. Appears stronger than my dad's Ford 3930 even though it's a smaller size. I thought I wished it had been a touch wider overall until I got out of the fields and into the woods. Perfect size.

So how heavy is that 7' mower?

MY MX is right at 3800# and change as well. I run a 1620# woods DS96 cutter out back. I mow 99% of the time with the loader completely off. IT is "just" a tad too light to load forward on the trailer with the cutter in the air, so I back on. But mowing, most of the cutters weight is carried by the tail wheels so no issues.

If I am too laze to take the loader off to mow, I at least take the bucket off. That provides more than enough weight to go up some pretty steep hills with no worries at all.

/ Bushhogging Rough Terrain. XR4145 #7  
I'm not positive on the model Bush hog. It used to be dad's and looks a bit worn on the outside. 7' model, single blade 3/4" thick, dual tires on the rear and dual arms if that helps any.

Got any pictures?

I'll get some when I go to the farm this afternoon. If I'm not mistaken it's the Bush Hog 277

Bush hog 277. No idea about weight. Can't find an online manual.

/ Bushhogging Rough Terrain. XR4145 #10  
Bush hog 277. No idea about weight. Can't find an online manual.

Yea, I looked to and found nothing as well. Based on design and looks, I'd guess 1100-1300#