Buy 3400L or wait for 4000 series?

/ Buy 3400L or wait for 4000 series? #12  
my dealer did too, but the price of the Steiner was less than the Ventrac. This took away from the Ventrac sales, and I'm sure profits as Ventrac is way over priced. Parts for there crazy expensive as are the attachments. I found a used stump grinder for less than a 1/3 of new price. Changed the gear oil and greased it and a new drive belt and ground over 20 stumps and it is waiting to go when I need it again..... jim

/ Buy 3400L or wait for 4000 series? #13  
If it were me and had a fairly flat yard I would go for a zero turn.... speed wise nothing can touch them and look for a nice red CUT with a front bucket and witha backhoe.... then find the attachments you need... you will have all the bases covered...... jim

/ Buy 3400L or wait for 4000 series?
If it were me and had a fairly flat yard I would go for a zero turn.... speed wise nothing can touch them and look for a nice red CUT with a front bucket and witha backhoe.... then find the attachments you need... you will have all the bases covered...... jim

Not sure if that was addressed to me, but unfortunately, my new yard is anything but flat. I'm running a Walker zero turn with a grass handling system and a snowblower attachment today and it's perfect for my current yard. It would probably be fine for the turf in my new yard, but I don't think it'd be capable of snow removal on the steeper parts of the driveway.

A SCUT would handle the snow, but would be poor on the turf, and would lack maneuverablilty in the wooded hills. Probably unsafe too.

/ Buy 3400L or wait for 4000 series?
The 450 Steiner has a separate pump and beats Ventrac in the hydraulics power..... jim

Looks like the Steiner is rated for 6gpm and the Ventrac is only 4-5 per the helpful 'bot on the Ventrac website.

I wonder how much difference that makes in the real world? Probably a lot if an implement is driven by a hydro motor, but if it is belt driven off the PTO and the hydraulics are just adjusting position, probably not so much.

Lifting capacity of the versa loader or power bucket would be dictated by max pressure, not flow rate - I think?

Has anyone found their Ventrac lacking in capability? I'm a homeowner doing chores, not a pro clearing land for profit. I feel like anything I couldn't comfortably do with a machine like this is something I shouldn't be doing myself...

/ Buy 3400L or wait for 4000 series? #16  
Looks like the Steiner is rated for 6gpm and the Ventrac is only 4-5 per the helpful 'bot on the Ventrac website.

I wonder how much difference that makes in the real world? Probably a lot if an implement is driven by a hydro motor, but if it is belt driven off the PTO and the hydraulics are just adjusting position, probably not so much.

Lifting capacity of the versa loader or power bucket would be dictated by max pressure, not flow rate - I think?

Has anyone found their Ventrac lacking in capability? I'm a homeowner doing chores, not a pro clearing land for profit. I feel like anything I couldn't comfortably do with a machine like this is something I shouldn't be doing myself...
I think you would to compare both with the bucket and lift capability and the curl .....Ventrac uses the hydraulic. pressure off the hydrostate but implement and steering pressure on Steiner are on a separate external pump. It is very noticeable ...... jim

/ Buy 3400L or wait for 4000 series? #17  

Maybe you should look at a Power trac they are very good machines and excellent on the front bucket and other implements like snow plows. If it had a weak point it would be the mower and travel on very steep areas, great in the woods. They will lift more than twice what most Ventracs and cuts will engine is in the back also.... jim

/ Buy 3400L or wait for 4000 series? #18  
I didn't know about Power Trac (new to this). I like all the attachments and prices, and the fact that you can actually buy attachments and parts.

I'm wondering now if this is the right machine for me or Steiner??? But is it as good, tough, dependable and long lasting as Steiner?? Why wouldn't a homeowner not buy this for $$$$ less?

It can do a lot Steiner can't do, like lift high. Grapple. Dig. Fork lift. mmm

I see Power trac is much longer (83"). It is 4WD. wheel base is about the same.
I don't think it has articulating axles.
I don't know how stable it is on slopes and inclines?
Curiously, I don't think I saw a snow blower, leaf blower or cab on manuf site.

/ Buy 3400L or wait for 4000 series? #19  
I didn't know about Power Trac (new to this). I like all the attachments and prices, and the fact that you can actually buy attachments and parts.

I'm wondering now if this is the right machine for me or Steiner??? But is it as good, tough, dependable and long lasting as Steiner?? Why wouldn't a homeowner not buy this for $$$$ less?

It can do a lot Steiner can't do, like lift high. Grapple. Dig. Fork lift. mmm

I see Power trac is much longer (83"). It is 4WD. wheel base is about the same.
I don't think it has articulating axles.
I don't know how stable it is on slopes and inclines?
Curiously, I don't think I saw a snow blower, leaf blower or cab on manuf site.

Yes they are articulated but they use wheel motors...... jim

/ Buy 3400L or wait for 4000 series? #20  
Get on the Powertrac forum and ask away ..... jim