Buying A Blade; HELP

/ Buying A Blade; HELP
Thanks everyone.

Can the blade spin 360 degrees while it's attached to the tractor.?? Or does it need to come off to "switch" the direction of the blade.??

Going to Tractor Supply tomorrow if this hard rain ever stops here in Maine.

/ Buying A Blade; HELP #12  
Who out there has a snow plow blade w/out hydraulics to turn it right and left? I am looking at the FFC 1400 series plow and wonder if it is too much of a PITA to move it manually. I do not have front hydraulics now because of cost.

Thanks

/ Buying A Blade; HELP #13  
Thanks everyone.

Can the blade spin 360 degrees while it's attached to the tractor.?? Or does it need to come off to "switch" the direction of the blade.??

Going to Tractor Supply tomorrow if this hard rain ever stops here in Maine.

I read all the threads, and finally this one indicates you are talking about a blade on the 3 ph, and not on the front of the tractor.

I've a 7' on the front end, and don't think that is any too wide for plowing snow. I'm about the same width on the tires as your 54".

Pushing a rear blade backwards is hard on things as you don't have any spring action to absorb the "shock". Easy to bend parts.

Depends on the 3 ph blade, if it can spin 360 degrees, as well as how the top arm is adjusted.

Good luck with your plan for snow. :)

/ Buying A Blade; HELP #14  
Who out there has a snow plow blade w/out hydraulics to turn it right and left? I am looking at the FFC 1400 series plow and wonder if it is too much of a PITA to move it manually. I do not have front hydraulics now because of cost.

Thanks

Yes, you can get manually adjusted plows for pushing snow. Most likely have a quadrant where a pin can be dropped in to fix the angle in prolly 5 positions, including straight.
Not sure about the FFC 1400 series.

/ Buying A Blade; HELP #15  
Just a thought,

Has anyone tried using an electric actuator or two on a snowblade up front to piviot it? Would they be strong enough to hold it once angled?

Phill

/ Buying A Blade; HELP #16  

Thanks
I had an old blade that had to me manually adjusted similar to a rear blade. It wasn't too bad, but the pin is usually down low on the frame so it does get snow packed at times. I have a long drive so I only had to flop it after traveling the length of the drive. Overall it probably added only a few minutes to my plowing.
I have a new blade now with hydrualic angle adjustment, running from my rear hydraulics using long hoses. I end up changing angles all the time now, doing a better job clearing snow.