Dealer Buying a tractor in Dothan, AL

/ Buying a tractor in Dothan, AL #11  
I won't speak to other brands, but I will put a vote in for the Mahindra. I've had mine for 3½ years, 1150 hours, and not a lick of trouble. Still runs as good as the day they delivered it.

Re the dealer's lack of attention. One thing I've adopted lately is to call the dealership (car, tractor, truck, equipment, or otherwise) and ask to speak to the sales mgr. I tell them at this point in my life I only deal with principals. I don't deal with salesmen. If they want to sell me a (fill in the blank) I'd like to talk to him specifically. He can assign the sales commission to anyone he wants. If those terms aren't acceptable, that's fine. It's his business and he can run it anyway he wants. But it's my money, and I can spend it anywhere I want.

Only parts I've needed were maintenance filters. Got all of them on Amazon. Since you're mechanically inclined, I think you'll appreciate the heavier weight of the tractor/hp than some of the others. Let's you pull more, lift more (in some cases) and usually comes with a larger capacity bucket than some in the same hp class. I also like the ergonomics better. But I haven't sat on every brand out there.

Good luck on your decision! Let us know what you got.

/ Buying a tractor in Dothan, AL #12  
My point is most of the production is performed in the USA. Just because they had a few foreign endeavors doesn't mean they can't produce components here if needed.

Watch a few of the tour videos and you might be surprised how much they do in the US.

john deere factory augusta georgia - YouTube

Last edited:
   / Buying a tractor in Dothan, AL
I want to add to my initial post. I realize I didn’t include model numbers.

We liked the following models in this order(all with FEL):

Mahindra 3650 PST(would want a HST but PST is all they had on the lot)

Branson 3520H (hard to stand and operate compared to aMahindra)

Kioti CK3510HST(build quality seemed lower and less ergonomic than the other two)

Looked at JD 3 series. They inexplicably seemed “cheap” compared to others in regard to features and more surprisingly build quality.

NEw Hollands were not sized well/built well compared to what we looked at

Kubotas has the dumb HST pedal/brake pedal layout I previously mentioned.

/ Buying a tractor in Dothan, AL #14  
I want to add to my initial post. I realize I didn’t include model numbers.

We liked the following models in this order(all with FEL):

Mahindra 3650 PST(would want a HST but PST is all they had on the lot)

Branson 3520H (hard to stand and operate compared to aMahindra)

Kioti CK3510HST(build quality seemed lower and less ergonomic than the other two)

Looked at JD 3 series. They inexplicably seemed “cheap” compared to others in regard to features and more surprisingly build quality.

NEw Hollands were not sized well/built well compared to what we looked at

Kubotas has the dumb HST pedal/brake pedal layout I previously mentioned.

Seems like Mahindra will be your choice.

/ Buying a tractor in Dothan, AL #15  
im a mahindra guy also but i would give Ls a look as well.

/ Buying a tractor in Dothan, AL #16  
I looked at a lot of them. I grew up on Deere, own an old gray market tractor, my son has a Mahindra and I purchased a new LS XR4150. Most all of the tractors have pluses and minuses.
The Deere that I looked at were just too high of price, but a great tractor and they do great on parts being on hand, but a higher price.
The Mahindra I looked at just did not fit me. I test drove it and did not like it. You should test drive all that you can.
The Massey dealer just did not show me what I wanted to see. Low inventory.
The Branson dealer was far away, not interested in selling anything that he did not have. But I think it is a good tractor, still a bit concerned about the future of dealers, parts.
The LS that I purchased, I test drove and love it. It was equipped the way I wanted it. The price was good and the options on it was good. Dealer added filling the tires, 3rd function. I have not been back for any service, only filters.
The dealer will make a big difference if you have warranty work, but not for a whole lot more. Most tractors today are made overseas. On most of them, made in america, means they put the wheels on here.
There is an LS dealer south of you in Altha, Fl, about 50 miles. I know nothing about him. My guy is south of Birmingham.
Good luck and test drive, think, test drive, price, think, and think again. This may be with you for some time. There are a lot of good tractors. Get the one the you can set on all day. They can help with a lot of work, but can be fun too.

/ Buying a tractor in Dothan, AL #17  
Go back to Dowling and talk to Warren sales manager. He was great to work with and can answer any questions you have. A little over a year and 80 hours with no problems other than a small hydro leak easily tightened. They also had the best price, I shopped around. I also researched for two years before the purchase.

/ Buying a tractor in Dothan, AL
Go back to Dowling and talk to Warren sales manager. He was great to work with and can answer any questions you have. A little over a year and 80 hours with no problems other than a small hydro leak easily tightened. They also had the best price, I shopped around. I also researched for two years before the purchase.

What did you buy?

/ Buying a tractor in Dothan, AL #19  
   / Buying a tractor in Dothan, AL #20  
We looked at the Kubotas.

We didn稚 like the hydro pedal size and how the brake pedal was co located.

Which models? the standard/economy lines have a different pedal than the Grand L's. It's different enough that if the pedal on the standard L's/MX's had been on the Grand L's I may have bought a different tractor.

One of those things that Kubota seems to do as a cost saver on their brand that makes me selective about which Kubota's I'd consider buying ....even as someone who already owns a Kubota.