Buying Advice - Kioti, LS, TYM Compact Tractors

/ Buying Advice - Kioti, LS, TYM Compact Tractors #61  
Well, it is a TYM. TYM is manufacturing them now. It’s not “rebranded” like say a RK tractor. Yes, it is a legacy Branson model, being built by TYM today and carrying the TYM badge. I see a larger footprint, namely width, as stability. If your ground is flat, then that’s maybe not a concern. It has 50% more HYD flow than the 264, several hundred pounds more weight, and a slightly larger width.

TYM could discontinue the 264 next year. Or the 2610. Or the 2515. Fact is, they own all of those models and manufacture them under the TYM banner today. That said, I bought the 4820 during the merger of Branson and TYM, after driving the 494 and the 4820. I felt the overall fit and finish of the legacy Branson was better overall. It’s a gamble, I suppose, to see what the future of any model is, so I get that. Good luck in yoir search.
I bought the 2021 LS Mt2-25s at the recommendation of the dealer. I traded in a 2016 other brand in the deal. The differences were larger operator station, step for entry which turned out to be handy,

Tilt steering wheel allows me to have the wheel in my lap when running but out of the way for in and out movements.

Yanmar engine although the engine in the trade in was a premium engine. Yanmar engines are popular in JD machines for a reference on their quality.

The hydro over the stick (of which the trade in was) is really convenient for chores around the farm....reason for that sized tractor. And I like the 3 ranges and the side by side pedals.

Quick attach bucket on the FEL made it convenient for me to use the FEL implements that I use on my large tractor.

Independent PTO which the trade in had the tranny driven PTO was a real plus.

Seat was premium with tension adjustment and arm rests, made by a popular tractor seat maker.

Price was very competitive and the dealer took 2 tractors in trade and drove 250 miles one way from his dealership to my farm for free.

I haven't seen the other tractors you mention so I can't comment on them.

/ Buying Advice - Kioti, LS, TYM Compact Tractors #62  
I'll double down on a couple great comments already given:
1. Shop the dealer. If the one guy feels slimy, he problably is!
2. I'm not good enough on math, but the lower cost and the 3.99% interest might cost you more over 6 years than the high price at 0.0%
3. I'm a fan of renting the right tool for the job--digging out the trees--then finishing up the work with the tractor

BTW, I like the Cub Cadet!
They can manipulate financing to any degree that helps them sell.
What l take umbrage with is making ppl think it’s not costing them anything to use someone else’s money by using a “0” .
l will say it was genius of someone in marketing to have come up with such a ploy.

/ Buying Advice - Kioti, LS, TYM Compact Tractors #63  
There are a few reasons. I don't want to tie up my liquid cash when the manufacturers are offering zero percent financing. I like the idea of a warranty on a piece of equipment, as others have stated and being in the industry, things happen. It'd be piece of mind if something does come up. I don't really want to buy a project, I want something that is turn key and just ready to use. I have a little one and a wife, I prefer to not do many mechanical repairs at home just for the sake of time. And lastly, I want something shiny and pretty...lol.
Ask the dealer the "cash" price!

/ Buying Advice - Kioti, LS, TYM Compact Tractors #64  
Hi All,

I am wanting to get a compact tractor for some projects around my property, and to have a little fun with. I currently have a 1971 Cub Cadet 128 that's just for fun and a Cub Cadet XT2 for mowing and snowblowing duties.

My main uses for the tractor will be moving soil, rock, and gravel, grading and smoothing the property with a blade, and leveling certain sections of the property for aesthetics. And, well to be honest, to play with and tinker with. I will not be using the tractor for mowing. We have 2.5 acres, but the actual mowable land can easily be handled by the Cub Cadet. I'd also to try and pull down a grove of trees running along my driveway, they are all 6 inches in diameter or less.

I think I have narrowed my choices down to 3 different models.

Kioti CX2510HST
I've been quoted 21,050 at zero %. I like this tractor for the ergonomics of the cockpit and the overall weight of the tractor. Would the weight be a concern at all for the extra strain it will put on the engine over time?

LS MT225S
I've been quoted 19000 at zero %. Lots of things to like about the LS. 3 range, Yanmar engine, good ergonomics.

TYM T264
I've been quoted 16000 at 3.99%. The cheapest in the group, but offers the same features for the most part. Nothing to really not like about the T264.

They all have 6 year warranties, all three dealers are about 45 minutes from my house.

What do you all have to say about these models of tractors? Any model I don't have listed that you would suggest? The 21K mark is just about the top of the price range for me, I can't get too crazy with the spending.

Thanks for your time! Here's a photo of my 1971 128 for the heck of it.

52941067484_89d8655189_b.jpg

52940319832_66bcb37da8_b.jpg
If it were me I’d go for the Kioti BC it is HST. I don’t know the other tractor models so maybe they’re hydro also but I prefer hydro to having to clutch a lot. My Kubota B2250HST is a beast for a “compact” and reliable as all get out.

/ Buying Advice - Kioti, LS, TYM Compact Tractors #65  
I would go with the kioti , I admit im biased I own a kioti CK3510, its done everything Ive asked of it. I have had it since 2016
Only issue I had was some mice chewing my fuel line in the winter.
I got the backhoe attachment with a thumb to deal with the trees after they were down and moving dirt etc.

/ Buying Advice - Kioti, LS, TYM Compact Tractors #66  
Ask the dealer the "cash" price!
IDK about other brands, but the cash discount that Kubota offers is negligible. It’s hard to beat the zero percentage financing. Even if you have the cash, investing it will usually yield a higher return over the finance period than the small cash discount.

/ Buying Advice - Kioti, LS, TYM Compact Tractors #67  
Ask for the cash price, the 0% finance price, and the price with the dealer's conventional financing. You may be able to get lower payments with the dealer's conventional financing or cash price & financing from another source, like the credit union or farm credit organization. Conventional financing usually requires a down payment. The bottom line is the total amount you will have to pay, principal and interest.
Zero percent financing is never really zero. The purchase price of a zero percent finance machine is always going to be higher than a cash transaction. I realize there may not be many people that can afford to pay cash for a machine.

/ Buying Advice - Kioti, LS, TYM Compact Tractors #69  
Hi All,

I am wanting to get a compact tractor for some projects around my property, and to have a little fun with. I currently have a 1971 Cub Cadet 128 that's just for fun and a Cub Cadet XT2 for mowing and snowblowing duties.

My main uses for the tractor will be moving soil, rock, and gravel, grading and smoothing the property with a blade, and leveling certain sections of the property for aesthetics. And, well to be honest, to play with and tinker with. I will not be using the tractor for mowing. We have 2.5 acres, but the actual mowable land can easily be handled by the Cub Cadet. I'd also to try and pull down a grove of trees running along my driveway, they are all 6 inches in diameter or less.

I think I have narrowed my choices down to 3 different models.

Kioti CX2510HST
I've been quoted 21,050 at zero %. I like this tractor for the ergonomics of the cockpit and the overall weight of the tractor. Would the weight be a concern at all for the extra strain it will put on the engine over time?

LS MT225S
I've been quoted 19000 at zero %. Lots of things to like about the LS. 3 range, Yanmar engine, good ergonomics.

TYM T264
I've been quoted 16000 at 3.99%. The cheapest in the group, but offers the same features for the most part. Nothing to really not like about the T264.

They all have 6 year warranties, all three dealers are about 45 minutes from my house.

What do you all have to say about these models of tractors? Any model I don't have listed that you would suggest? The 21K mark is just about the top of the price range for me, I can't get too crazy with the spending.

Thanks for your time! Here's a photo of my 1971 128 for the heck of it.

52941067484_89d8655189_b.jpg

52940319832_66bcb37da8_b.jpg
Buy the biggest 4 x 4 tractor you can afford. I own a 2015 New Holland Workmaster 50 and do what you want to do. Never regretted making payments and never have wished I had bought a smaller tractor. Plus with low hours on it I can sell it for what I paid new for it. Keep an eye out for a good used tractor and when available take advantage and purchase it. Took me 3 years of saving, plus right tractor being on the lot, plus a $3,000 discount if I handled my own financing (I borrow from other sources so the dealer just received $26,300 cashiers check (plus tax).
IMG_1305.jpeg

/ Buying Advice - Kioti, LS, TYM Compact Tractors #70  
Zero percent financing is never really zero. The purchase price of a zero percent finance machine is always going to be higher than a cash transaction. I realize there may not be many people that can afford to pay cash for a machine.
You can borrow from a bank on home equity loan and get low interest rate and not have to pay any extra for tractor insurance to cover the loan. I saved $3,000 by doing my own financing verses zero financing through dealer.