Buying MAGAZINE subscriptions....BOWHUNTER

/ Buying MAGAZINE subscriptions....BOWHUNTER #1  

Boeing

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota L3010
I know, this is not a tractor subject but I'll bet that I'm not the only one to ever be burned by publishers.
I bought a ONE year subscription to "BOWHUNTER" magazine two years ago. After 2 or 3 magazines full of advertising I decided that I did not want to renew and didn't. They, of course, sent me dozens of renewal notices which I threw in the trash.

TODAY I received a "COLLECTION NOTICE" from a collection agency for $8.00.....for an "unpaid subscription".
I tried to find a "contact us" phone or E-mail on any of their renewal notices.....nope, none.
I went "on-line" looking for "Bowhunter magazine" nope, all I find is some magazine distributor, not the magazine itself. In any event I E mailed the distributor expressing my displeasure for the magazine AND their tactics.

Just wanted to advise THOUSANDS of potential subscribers what that magazine's procedures are.
Thanks for listening.

/ Buying MAGAZINE subscriptions....BOWHUNTER #2  
Looks to be owned by this company:

K S E Sportsman Media Inc​

6385 Flank Dr, Harrisburg, PA 17112

(717) 545-2527

/ Buying MAGAZINE subscriptions....BOWHUNTER #3  
Collections companies generate letters from their computer. From what I recall under the Fair Debt Collection Act, you have to tell the collection company you are contesting the debt and ask for proof of your debt.

/ Buying MAGAZINE subscriptions....BOWHUNTER
Thanks guys, I'll try to call KSE tomorrow AND I'll take the time to reply to the collection agency :mad:.....and tell them to "shove it" or words to that effect.

/ Buying MAGAZINE subscriptions....BOWHUNTER #5  
"cancel my subscription" would probably work better

/ Buying MAGAZINE subscriptions....BOWHUNTER #6  
"cancel my subscription" would probably work better
That works for me.
I stopped 2 magazines this year by printing that message on the renewal form they sent me.
One of those 2 needed telling them twice but they got the message.
Neither one were "BowHunter" though. They must be really stubborn.

/ Buying MAGAZINE subscriptions....BOWHUNTER #7  
Yep, those people operate just like a well known organization that a lot of us are members of. Constantly asking for more money, looking to get richer.