BX 1500

/ BX 1500 #1  

Dooze

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1800
Last week, I was exhibiting at the Ohio Farm Science review and got a look at the new BX 1500. I spoke with the factory rep who told me that thgey were not going to discontinue the BX 1800 but were looking to target the larger lawn and garden tractors made by other manufacturers with the 1500. He said that the street price would be about $1000 more than a Deere of similar size but thought that the 4 wheel drive and the three point hitch would attract those customers. The BX 1500 that they were showing was set up with a 54" mower and a FEL. I didn't get a look at the engine but the tractor is a little smaller than the 1800. The rep also commented that he thought the standar configuartion would be 1500 with a 48" mower, 1800 with a 54" and 2200 with a 60".

The BX 1800 being shown had AG tires son the rear and turfs on the front. I asked about mixing the treads as my dealer said that it couldn't be done and he said that the chief engineer for Kubota has signed off on it and that they can be mixed.

On a

/ BX 1500 #2  
Dooze,

You don't happen to have a name/number for the factory rep you spoke with? If you do could you send me a copy. I'd like to talk to him about mixing the tires as I was told it can't be done.

Thanks,
Michael

/ BX 1500 #3  
I don't know why you couldn't,the ag & turfs are the same size,aren't they? The outside circumference of the tires is what determines the timing of the 4-W.D. Right???

/ BX 1500
Sorry Michael,

I didn't get his name but he told me that the tires circumference is exactly the same size in both tire styles and that the Kubota chief engineer has signed off on mixing the tires. My dealer also told me that I couldn't mix the tires when I asked but I got the impression at the show that the decision to allow the mix was a recent one.

/ BX 1500 #5  
Dooze,

Thanks for the reply. At the time I checked the tire dimensions and was suprised to hear they couldn't be mixed. Glad to hear they are still reviewing customer requests. I'm sure word will sloooooowly get out the the dealers. I have to stop by mine this week so I'll ask if they've heard. They did just have their big new model introduction so maybe they have.

Thanks,
Michael