BX-22 front loader won't rollback

/ BX-22 front loader won't rollback #1  

Mike_C

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX-22
BX-22 front loader won\'t rollback

My BX-22 is just 4 months out of warranty, and now the front loader won't rollback. When I move the control valve to rollback, the engine groans a little like pressure is being applied, but the bucket won't move. I thought maybe the bucket or cylinder was stuck/bad so I tried to force the bucket rollback by backing up while the bucket was over a tree stump and moving the level to rollback, but this was a bad idea causing hydraulic fluid to spew from the control valve. It appears that the (husco) control valve is bad, like a relief valve is not relieving. Should I just replace the control valve? Or try to rebuild it? Any other ideas?

/ BX-22 front loader won't rollback #2  
Re: BX-22 front loader won\'t rollback

did you check all the hyd connections (where they hook up)?

/ BX-22 front loader won't rollback

yes, I disconnected and reconnected the couplers, no change.

/ BX-22 front loader won't rollback #4  

If you didn't check ALL of the couplers, check all of them. You may have done that and not just the ones going to the cylinder in question. They can be in a position where they won't work even if they appear to be connected correctly.

/ BX-22 front loader won't rollback #5  

I second the recommendation on checking the couplers. I had one which became stretched and then the loader would not lower. The spring mechanism which seals the connection when disconnected will engage and not allow any flow, even though it appears normal.

/ BX-22 front loader won't rollback #6  

I third this recommendation, including the BH couplers. I've had this issue before, and it was always a coupla couplers "uncoupled." /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thank you all for the multiple replies since this morning. I am presently at work, but I will thoroughly check all of the couplers this evening when I get home. I hope you are right for two reasons. 1) a new control valve is almost $450, and 2) we're supposed to get 6 inches of snow by tomorrow and I really need the tractor to clear the snow!

Mike

/ BX-22 front loader won't rollback #8  

If you feel that you need a new control valve, let me know. I have a slightly used 4 way one available.. Send me a PM for details.... Junk..

You guys are great! My tractor is fixed! Sure enough, one of the couplers down by the frame was not quite plugged together all the way. It must have been caught on something while I was driving through thick brush. Thank you!!!!!

Mike

/ BX-22 front loader won't rollback #10  

It's always good to save someone the "pain" of diagnostics whenever possible!!!
Those couplers are Kubota spec and if they stretch, they may leak when reconnected. I suggest you pick up a spare set- I have 2 in my parts drawer.