BX 2200 - stuck parking brake

/ BX 2200 - stuck parking brake #1  

Sedge1

Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Friends, the day started off so well. I uncovered the trusty BX2200 from its winter siesta, and it fired right up. I drove to the spot where I store the bucket for the summer, and it came off lickety split. In the process, I engaged the parking brake, but must have applied too much force. Now, it will not disengage. It is a fully mechanical brake - push with right foot on the brake pedal and catch it with a much smaller lever on the left. It is possible that I pushed the brake to the point where there is no additional travel to move forward to disengage. More footpower has not solved the problem.

Thanks for any help. I can see the grass growing as I write this.

David

/ BX 2200 - stuck parking brake #2  
You can always use the brake adjustments to loosen it to gain movement, one for each rear brake. I'd guess that the latch lever is sticky. Have someone pull on the lock lever while applying pressure to the brake.

/ BX 2200 - stuck parking brake #3  
You could always are some grease for ease of movement
Stepping on the brake pedal you can't pry the lever off?

willy

/ BX 2200 - stuck parking brake
Thanks for that suggestion. I have never messed with the brake before. Can offer a bit of help on how to do the adjustment? Many thanks.
David

/ BX 2200 - stuck parking brake #5  
Under the tractor in front of the rear wheels are 2 adjustment nuts with lock nuts. Just loosen the lock nut and turn the adjuster to lengthen the rods (I think could be shorted) to relieve brake tension. Item 16
1716506746764.png

/ BX 2200 - stuck parking brake #6  
Might help visualize the process.

/ BX 2200 - stuck parking brake #7  
Note you don't have to pull tires you can reach just fine from underneath.

/ BX 2200 - stuck parking brake
Brilliant! My hat goes off to you, my friend, and an outstretched hand.

David

/ BX 2200 - stuck parking brake #9  
If it resolves your problem you are welcome if not we'll try something else.

/ BX 2200 - stuck parking brake #10  
Could it be the cam over traveled and is stuck over center?

If the case maybe the loosening the adjustment enough to return the actuating arms back to normal and adjust to take up the slack from wear?

Just thinking out loud.