bx 23 tire replacement suggestions

/ bx 23 tire replacement suggestions #1  

tommu56

Elite Member
Tractor
kubota bx23
For the umphteen time I got a flat this weekend on the rear of my bx23.
It was spitting slime out a big hole as I was putting it away. I jacked it up and spun the hole down to the bottom and put a jack stand under it.

Has any one else went with a "heaver" tire the shale I have keeps putting cuts in them usually by the lug base and I put the big patches on the inside after cleaning the slime off but sooner or later I will need new tires.

I was thinking heaver ply rating but dealer said that doesn't necessarily mean more puncture resistance?

any suggestions?

tom

/ bx 23 tire replacement suggestions #2  
I am interested in finding a more robust tire. Kind of shoots the whole day... getting a flat.

I'm thinking about going with a liner and tube the next time around...

So far, I've found it cheaper to order a complete tire with rim through Kubota "Whole Goods" at my Dealer.

/ bx 23 tire replacement suggestions #3  
What tires are you using now? I'd suggest getting a set of industrials.

/ bx 23 tire replacement suggestions #5  
I had alot of trouble with flats on my BX23 from glass, nails and shale also. I foam filled all 4 tires and no problem since. I also bought another set of tires and rims for just air filled tires I need them. Cost a few bucks but worth it.
Glenn

/ bx 23 tire replacement suggestions #6  
Plus one for the foam-filler. Zero problems snce filling, plus lots of extra weight. Dave

/ bx 23 tire replacement suggestions #7  
Does the foam filled tires ride rougher ?

I foamed the tires on a finish cut deck once and they seemed to jar around a bit more.

/ bx 23 tire replacement suggestions #8  
They do ride rougher but if I do not need the foam fill protection I switch to my air filled ones for a better ride. The extra weight does help alot with the foam.
Glenn

/ bx 23 tire replacement suggestions
Cyberknight

How mutch did it cost?
Were did you get it done?
I am just out side philly

tommu56

/ bx 23 tire replacement suggestions #10  
Hi Tommu56
I paid about $400.00 to have all 4 filled. I went to a large tire place (Highland Tire in Allentown, Pa) and they sent them out to be filled. They had different hardness of fill and I got the hard stuff. I think they do fork lifts this way also. I would imagine any large tire place could tell you who could do it.
Glenn