BX 2350 Engine RPM

/ BX 2350 Engine RPM #12  
540 at the rear is 3068RPM, and 2500 Mid PTO is 3125 RPM
This is for the BX2350, BX1850, BX2230, BX1830, BX24 and BX1500. For the BX23, add an additional PTO revolution for the same RPM's.:D

/ BX 2350 Engine RPM #13  
I know the "Why do I love TBN" thread is log since closed... but driving into work this morning - I thought to myself... gee - using the L this weekend was nice - right on the tach it tells you where the correct RPM setting is for rear PTO speed... And I know my BX doesn't have that... wonder what it would be..

Poof - this thread...

Thanks yall!

BX2230_Lockport said:
540 at the rear is 3068RPM, and 2500 Mid PTO is 3125 RPM
This is for the BX2350, BX1850, BX2230, BX1830, BX24 and BX1500. For the BX23, add an additional PTO revolution for the same RPM's.:D

/ BX 2350 Engine RPM
fishpick said:
I know the "Why do I love TBN" thread is log since closed... but driving into work this morning - I thought to myself... gee - using the L this weekend was nice - right on the tach it tells you where the correct RPM setting is for rear PTO speed... And I know my BX doesn't have that... wonder what it would be..

Poof - this thread...

Thanks yall!

You know, the BX could use instrumentation similar to the L. How much more could that cost them? They make watches that do millions of things for 30 bucks.. it's a chip.. not a big deal.

I noticed the New Holland's of the same size and power as the BX series have much better instrumentation. I mean..we are talking about a tractor here.. not a lawnmower.

/ BX 2350 Engine RPM #15  
Jibber and Fish,

I'm doing similar, keeping my RPMs a little lower during break-in, I am at approx. 20 hrs.

Mowing anywhere between 2850 and 2950 RPM...using 3000RPM as my "wall" during break-in. Using High range too, mowing fine, no raggedy cuts.
I mow at 3.5" tall, grass grows slower that way, and that means less mowing, which is where the real fuel savings happens. ;)

I have noticed, compared to my old Ford 1210 4WD, the BX2350 really is fuel efficient.

/ BX 2350 Engine RPM
SkunkWerX said:
Jibber and Fish,

I have noticed, compared to my old Ford 1210 4WD, the BX2350 really is fuel efficient.

When I bought the BX it had a full tank and had barely budged off "F" after two mows. Then I used it for 3 hours with the chipper/shredder (PTO) .. It dropped to almost a half tank.. sooooo.. I guess it makes a big diffo how much load you put on her.

/ BX 2350 Engine RPM #17  
Jibber said:
When I bought the BX it had a full tank and had barely budged off "F" after two mows. Then I used it for 3 hours with the chipper/shredder (PTO) .. It dropped to almost a half tank.. sooooo.. I guess it makes a big diffo how much load you put on her.

I chalk that up to the sending unit. Mine does the same thing. It reminds me of my wifes previous car, it would stay on full forever then start to drop quickly. I think it's just the way the sending unit works in these tractors.