Dirt Moving BX 24 Tooth Bar

/ BX 24 Tooth Bar #1  

harryr6574

Tractor
kubota bx24
HI All,
I haven't been a member very long at all and thought I would weigh in on a tooth bar. I am in central South Carolina and we have a lot of what I call brown clay. Now, my brown clay is a lot like Alabama red. When dry, the top few inches become like concrete and when wet the stuff is like walking on oil which means running my tractor over it there winds up being grooves all over so when wet I generally won' use my tractor. All that being said I found that this particular tractor had a really hard time digging with the loader. So,
I contaced my local Kubota dealer and purchased a "WR Long" toothbar:). This bar is well made with heavy material and has replaceable tips. I have never used any other one so I am not trying to sell a brand, but rather to say what difference this thing makes. No problem at all anymore digging into my clay. I highly reccomend one if anyone cares about my opinion no matter what brand, but do your homework as I suspect there are less than desireable models out there. Well that is my 2 cents worth hope this helps.
Harry

/ BX 24 Tooth Bar #2  
A toothbar is one of the "best" add ons for the money!

In my opinion, which don't always count!:laughing:

/ BX 24 Tooth Bar #3  
Thanks for your opinion on it. I have been looking into a WR Long toothbar also, I just haven't justified paying that much for it and it was only being supplied by a JD dealership. Just out of curiosity what was your cost?

/ BX 24 Tooth Bar #4  
I also bought mine from a dealer. It is a WR Long flat toothbar. Love that it is a flat toothbar. I believe the cost was right about $350. I could have ordered one cheaper but I wanted one that weekend so picked it up and never looked back.

Deano

/ BX 24 Tooth Bar #5  
At 22.8 hours on my tractor now and the toothbar on the bucket has been my most used implement by a long shot. I have popped out about 100 stumps (up to about 6-7" trees) mostly by digging and curling with the teeth, I have deepened and widened my drainage ditch all along my front property line which is lined with rip-rap with zero problems using the bucket with teeth, and with all my box-blading work I've done so far, I've dug and moved piles and cut part of a trail into a hillside with the bucket with teeth, then to aid final smoothing, I've tilted the teeth up and back dragged. What a great tool. I don't think I could have accomplished any of that without it except for backdragging. Heck even while bushhogging, I can use the teeth to pick up fallen debris (limbs, rotten-fallen trees, etc) and move them wherever without having to leave the machine. The only time I haven't used them is while tilling, but if I had rocks to contend with, I could probably rake ahead with them.

/ BX 24 Tooth Bar #6  
I like hearing all these good things from other BX owners but Tracorshopper at 22.8 hours and all that work done i think you need to slow down a bit. If the loved ones find out you got everything done on your list that you bought your tractor for they are going to start giving you jobs to do. Plus Summer is right around the corner and you are going to need a reason to get some seat time.

/ BX 24 Tooth Bar
Thanks for your opinion on it. I have been looking into a WR Long toothbar also, I just haven't justified paying that much for it and it was only being supplied by a JD dealership. Just out of curiosity what was your cost?

HI,
Sorry I have taken so long, but we had a few deaths in the family and I have been away and not thinking of my tractor so much. My bar cost $300.00 plus tax.

/ BX 24 Tooth Bar
Hi,
I apolige for not getting back in touch before now, but I have had to deal with several deaths and a wedding. Hopefully things will slow down a little and let me enjoy my tractor when I get it back. I posted the whole story in a seperate thread so please read that and let me know what you think.
Harry