Bx 60" deck

/ Bx 60" deck #11  
Thanks for your thoughts. Deck is off now standing on storage wheels. No play anywhere. Will remove belt next and check individual components next. Deck has been serviced regular by myself since new. Gear box is full and oil was changed several times thru its use.
Have you checked the mid PTO shaft for lateral wiggle ? The U-joints with the drive shaft ? Again any better description of the noise ? Did it suddenly change or just slipped into getting your attention? Depending ... maybe there is nothing wrong ?

/ Bx 60" deck
Joints and shaft appear ok. Shafts Not loose joints are free and not binding. To describe noise better i would say bearing noise. But have yet to find the culprit with out further disassembly. When deer season gets over will continue, maybe once belt is off something will have play.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Bx 60" deck #13  
It is the bearings. Trust me on this. ;)

It's also a very simple procedure and cheap too.

Make sure you keep everything super clean and make sure you align everything correctly with the zerk opening.

/ Bx 60" deck #14  
Good advice above. If you follow it and are still having problems isolating the cause, an infrared thermometer aimed at the various bearings while running can be quite helpful in isolating a bad bearing. The good ones will give you a baseline for appropriate temp. A failing bearing will almost always run hotter.