BX-bagger-boot

/ BX-bagger-boot #1  

tshep

Gold Member
Tractor
BX23 MLB
Hi all!
I have a BX23, got a RCK54-22BX local, and then a GCK60-BX from a tbn'er.
He said bought his BX, with a mower (also 54) and this bagger, but never assembled bagger to tractor.
So, I've got it all home and squared up, and the instructions and parts don't match - either the books I have or ones at Kubotabooks...
I do not have any windows into the bag area, and the boot doesn't look like the book - in fact, it looks alot more complicated.
I do not have the simple - looking, riveted weldments?, bungee strap and S-hook listed in parts and shows in manual.
I do have what is in pics.
Can anyone tell me if it is a working revision, or a boot/weldment/system for another model?
Thanks all!

In a similar vein...
I have some cast numbers , like in a chart, and a worker selected 1 of 4 or 5 numbers (maybe depending on weldments attached?).
They are not as long as parts book part numbers, 8 digits or so, and have no dashes - and then there are also more shorter numbers by a vibrating engraving tool.
Is there a system to transfer these types of numbers to part numbers?

Attachments

• DSCN0370.JPG
    DSCN0370.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 478
  • DSCN0371.JPG
    DSCN0371.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 591
Last edited:
   / BX-bagger-boot #2  
It looks very, very similar to the boot I have for my BX2200 which has the 60" deck.

/ BX-bagger-boot #3  
Here is my boot attached to the deck. Yours should be similar.

Attachments

• IMG_8628.JPG
    IMG_8628.JPG
    340.1 KB · Views: 1,397
   / BX-bagger-boot
You know, it really does! Looks like I need to rotate part of mine... Did your book show your bracket correctly (and maybe same style for 54 regular / shallow decks?)? My book is dated 1/03, I'm hoping my stuff is right and the book is dated! Thanks for helping!!

Tractor has been packed up in the garage with the chute side at the wall, we're going to try it later today. It's still cold here every night.

Can anyone explain lack of windows, or reading part numbers?

I'm hoping I basically have all the right stuff, and that there were revisions in product that didn't show in the books until later... after my book!

/ BX-bagger-boot
Fretted for nothing!
It all fit together and sucked wet leaves right on up, despite not looking at all like the book.
Wife drove it and liked it, will be doing grass in orange from now!

Still wondering if there is an easy casting/engineering number to parts stock number conversion, or list?

/ BX-bagger-boot #8  
That front-mounted dethatcher looks interesting. Where did you buy it?

Made it. I had dethatcher forks leftover from my green days. Built lift arms and attachment parts, borrowed hydraulic cylinder from snowblower quick attach and the rest is history. Price was right for me. It did get a paint job.

/ BX-bagger-boot #9  
Can you take another pic from the front showing where you mounted the cylinder? Also, if the wheels hit a rise, is there a way for it float? Looks very intersting and solves the problem of having to go over the lawn twice, once to dethatch and once to vacuum up...

/ BX-bagger-boot #10  
Can you take another pic from the front showing where you mounted the cylinder? Also, if the wheels hit a rise, is there a way for it float? Looks very intersting and solves the problem of having to go over the lawn twice, once to dethatch and once to vacuum up...

I got some angle iron and bolted to the existing holes in the front of the tractor frame. Cross rod to mount the hydraulic cylinder. There is a linkage between the end of the cylinder and the dethatcher. That becomes the float mechanism.... ie I l extend the cylinder so that wheels touch and then a bit more to create the float flexibility you are talking about. Been using it for several years now. Works great. The dethatcher is nominal 60". Original was 42" I think and then I bought 2 extensions (8" each).

Attachments

• IMG_8629.JPG
    IMG_8629.JPG
    358 KB · Views: 1,337