BX Battery Life?

/ BX Battery Life? #1  

Tdog

Platinum Member
Tractor
BX22
How long before you had battery problems?
I got my BX-22 in April 2003. No hint of a problem till late today [after several starts today] when it clacked once & then nothing. Luckily it was in the shop at the time. It was late so I just shut the doors & came in - - I'll sort it out tomorrow.

Thanks

Jack

/ BX Battery Life? #2  
I got about the same out of mine...I just got a cheep walmart battery the same size

/ BX Battery Life? #4  
KennyV said:
A battery should last 3 years… anything over that is just luck. KennyV.

You know, until I saw this thread, I hadn't really thought about it. I purchased my BX22 in July, 2002 and have never had a problem with it starting! It has about 330 hours on it. It may not make it through this winter - I suspect the cold will get it quickly - but so far still cranking!

Terry

/ BX Battery Life? #5  
I guess I'm just very lucky as the battery in my B1700 2 wheel drive that i bought in Nov,1995 is still going strong. It has never been down or recharged.
I have 600 hours on it now and it is keep in a heated garage and has never been rained on or wet:) I have a 60" MMM mower on it and only use it to mow my 3 acre lawn.

/ BX Battery Life? #6  
Same battery since March of 02, I use a solar charger on the battery when not in use, guess that has helped.:D

Burdette

WOW, Nov of 1995, that has to be a record for a a battery.:p

/ BX Battery Life? #7  
BX22 Spring of 2001 over 600 hours same battery. I don't do anything special.

/ BX Battery Life? #8  
Tdog,

three years to me is about the minimum a battery should last no matter the application, tractor, car, truck, or boat.

Since you had several starts in the day already could you have perhaps left the ignition on, and drained the battery that way?

Also is the water level of the battery up over the cells?

Before buying new, I would check the battery water level, hook up the battery charger and try again, If the battery was to die a second time, just go get a new one.

steve

/ BX Battery Life? #10  
Tdog said:
How long before you had battery problems?
I got my BX-22 in April 2003. No hint of a problem till late today [after several starts today] when it clacked once & then nothing. Luckily it was in the shop at the time. It was late so I just shut the doors & came in - - I'll sort it out tomorrow.

Thanks

Jack

Got mine 5/01, battery dies winter of 04.