bx FEL bucket quick attach

/ bx FEL bucket quick attach #101  
RedDirt,

Thanks for the great comments on my 317. It has been a really fun tractor project, not to mention all the uses I find for it. It does about 10 times the work the John Deere designed it to do.

The plate is 1/4" thick and my best guess on weight would be approx 40-45lbs at most. I can lift atleast 550 lbs with the loader (that is all the tractor weights I could come up with to test it!) and I didn't see any decrease when I added the QA to the bucket. I built a new set of QA forks for it and did see a big difference when using them. Prior to the QA, I had bucket forks, now with the QA forks the load is closer to the tractor and I have lot better lift and control of the load.

Scott

/ bx FEL bucket quick attach #102  
sweet rig !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ bx FEL bucket quick attach #103  
Guys, I came across this BX quick attach

YouTube - Kubota BX Quick Attachment

That seems like a very slick way to make a quick attach for the BX. With the ATI attach I have up front it seems like I spend alot of time trying to figure out how to make the attachments beefy up in the middle to withstand the forces with out adding too much weight to the attachment. Ive been having issues with creating the right size pin on brackets that duplicate the front mounting points. mostly just havent got up to a welding shop to have the parts fabricated.

If i was looking into doing a BX quick hitch I would probably look into this mod.

/ bx FEL bucket quick attach #104  
Matt,

That is the kind of quick hitch I was thinking about, but I do not want to cut up the bucket. I was going to make a plate with sleeves and pins to hook on to the loader arms. The loader plate would attach to a plate that would mount to the bucket's sleeves with pins. The plates would only be about 11 inches by 3 feet or slightly wider than the loader arms. I hope that makes since. This way the bucket could always be put back on the loader arms like it was original. Similar to superfast's set up but the bucket would stay stock uncut.

The forks would have the same attachment plate like on the bucket only welded to the frame of that holds the forks. This attachment plate could be welded to any attachment you would want to use on the loader. Grapple, platform, snow plow, etc. I think by using the plate to plate configuration with angle iron to make it strong, the weight would be kept to a minimum. The plate attached to the fork frame would get some of it's strength from the fork frame too.

Sorry I have not sent you the photos yet, way to busy.

Cary:cool:

/ bx FEL bucket quick attach #106  
Cary,

I see what your saying. leave the bucket alone and build one plate to fit on to the loader arms and then build other attachments to fit to that plate.

No worries on the fork pictures when ever you get to them. I am trying to make time to head the 2.5 miles from my house to one of that company's distributors. They just never seem to be open when I am around.

That zamboni is pretty cool. Not sure how much need there is for a BX zamboni....