bx recall :did what KUBOTA should have

/ bx recall :did what KUBOTA should have #1  

escavader

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx-23 ,
Are you sick and tired od replacing the air filter brackett on your 22,23,etc .I was,and tired of the hassle.I have a close friend who works on tractors and heavy equipment.He said where its only a 3 cylinder,it does idle a little rough[vibrate] which is normal.He said what i need to do is get the brackett off the motor,and mount it to the tractor itself.Well i took the bottom bracketts right off the motor,then turned the strap holder sideways.I bought some 1.5 inch bar stock,and fired up the welder.I took the bolt out left of the hood hinge.this is straight on to the filter assembly.then i welded a peice across and ,then back to a bolt location that holds the right side cover on.I drilled a hole and mountedthe strap to this,drilled holes ,and bolted it in solid.By going across to the other side of the tractor ,i can still easily remove the filter.Even with the tractor idling there is no vibration on the filter holder.Well a pic is worth a thousand words.I thought one of you told me the new 24 is redesigned ,so the filter holder isnt on the motor,well you can convert yours easily to,SINCE KUBOTA WONT STEP UP TO THE PLATE FOR US.
ALAN

Attachments

• 100_0899 (1016 x 677).jpg
    100_0899 (1016 x 677).jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 454
   / bx recall :did what KUBOTA should have #2  
Good Idea.
But I have something to think about. Maybe it's not an issue
The motor still shakes around so the part that will be getting stressed is the tube from the filter to the intake. If this part gets cracked it might allow unfiltered air into the engine. Maybe not but you might keep an eye on the tube/hose for a while. Even rubber can develope stress cracks if stressed enough.

/ bx recall :did what KUBOTA should have #3  
Looks much better then my zip ties. Noticed your radiator overflow looked low. Mine seems to use about a pint or so every 100 hours or so. Does this seem the norm?

/ bx recall :did what KUBOTA should have #4  
Nice mod. The new BX's mount their airfilters to the frame on the radiator bracket now. Thats one of the 1st mechanical changes I noted when I 1st saw the new BX's....

A pint every 100 hrs... I don't know about that. I haven't had to add any and I'm at 170 hrs. I did notice from day one after a good long workout in the heat that I'd see a small puddle of anti freeze on the top of the reservoir. Not much but enough for the green to stand out. I'd tighten the overflow/filler cap but still saw it. Finally I took the cap off, cleaned up the rough edges on the resevoir's openning and cleaned out the inside of the cap and I've not seen it puddle anymore. I figure the rough edges around the opening was from when it was cast and wasn't cleaned up enough.
You might ask the dealer to see if this is within specs.

Volfandt

/ bx recall :did what KUBOTA should have #5  
Howdy all new to the board,
Here is the the bracket that I machined out of aluminum for my bx2200 since the factory bracket broke Aftert 12 hrs and I had no luck reparing it.
I've been using this mount for over 200hrs without a prob whatsoever.

Attachments

• Air Bkt IMG_0582.JPG
    Air Bkt IMG_0582.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 262
   / bx recall :did what KUBOTA should have #6  
JasonS said:
Howdy all new to the board,
Here is the the bracket that I machined out of aluminum for my bx2200 since the factory bracket broke Aftert 12 hrs and I had no luck reparing it.
I've been using this mount for over 200hrs without a prob whatsoever.

That's beautiful! When mine broke I took it to the dealer (for the 50hr service) and he replaced it with a new one. However, the mechanic also made some sort of modification to the mounting point. I've never taken it apart to see what he did but it's worked fine ever since.