BX1500 HST Leak

/ BX1500 HST Leak #1  

BXAK

Tractor
Kubota BX1500D
My BX1500 leaks HST fluid slowly. Is there a UV dye that is compatible with Kubotas HST fluid?

Thank you

/ BX1500 HST Leak #2  
Dont know. Try parking it on a piece of cardboard to see which end and side drips. Could be steering cyl or its hoses, or an axle seal. How slowly?

/ BX1500 HST Leak #3  
I don't know of a UV dye. I put John Deere hydraulic fluid dye into my Kubota (HST) hydraulic fluid. It sure makes it easier to see in the sight glass.

/ BX1500 HST Leak
Dont know. Try parking it on a piece of cardboard to see which end and side drips. Could be steering cyl or its hoses, or an axle seal. How slowly?
I've been trying the cardboard method for a couple years now (that's how slow). It seems to be from the Hydraulic filter, which I have changed twice since the leaking began. I also replaced the o-ring/washer on the drain plug.

/ BX1500 HST Leak
I don't know of a UV dye. I put John Deere hydraulic fluid dye into my Kubota (HST) hydraulic fluid. It sure makes it easier to see in the sight glass.
Useful tip, but my machine has a dipstick and no sight glass. Hopefully someone will chime in about a UV dye. Thank you.

/ BX1500 HST Leak #6  
I've been trying the cardboard method for a couple years now (that's how slow). It seems to be from the Hydraulic filter, which I have changed twice since the leaking began. I also replaced the o-ring/washer on the drain plug.

Well, it sounds too slow to worry about. Mine, at 3500hrs leaks about a pint in 2 yrs. I think most is from the steering cyl.

/ BX1500 HST Leak
Well, it sounds too slow to worry about. Mine, at 3500hrs leaks about a pint in 2 yrs. I think most is from the steering cyl.
I tend to agree, except the only way I can get UDT fluid is one seller on eBay. Nobody in Alaska sells it.

/ BX1500 HST Leak #8  
i'm sure any of the popular UV dyes for oil/transmission/hydraulic fluids will be fine.
U-View comes to mind,as does Dye-Lite,and many others.
Heck,almost every AC system that has been serviced,and some that haven't,have UV dye in it.
No worries!
The kits come with a blacklight and those yellow glasses that enhance the dye's visual effect.

Is SUDT2 all that's offered in AK,or is it Premium UDT from Canada?

Good Luck!

/ BX1500 HST Leak
i'm sure any of the popular UV dyes for oil/transmission/hydraulic fluids will be fine.
U-View comes to mind,as does Dye-Lite,and many others.
Heck,almost every AC system that has been serviced,and some that haven't,have UV dye in it.
No worries!
The kits come with a blacklight and those yellow glasses that enhance the dye's visual effect.

Is SUDT2 all that's offered in AK,or is it Premium UDT from Canada?

Good Luck!
Thanks for the reassurance on using an off the shelf dye.

I can't buy any kind of Kubota HST fluid in Alaska. I order SUDT2 from a guy on eBay who lives in the lower 48, haven't found another way to get it.

/ BX1500 HST Leak #10  
Thanks for the reassurance on using an off the shelf dye.

I can't buy any kind of Kubota HST fluid in Alaska. I order SUDT2 from a guy on eBay who lives in the lower 48, haven't found another way to get it.
What do the Alaska dealers sell?
Surely there must be a dealer in Alaska?
We would be happy to discuss alternative fluids.
Alaska has so many different climate zones!
Good Luck!