BX22 Backhoe?

/ BX22 Backhoe? #21  
sounds like that clay is pretty hard. and i dont mind being corrected, looks like you know what your doing. Being a machinist myself, I have found that it comes down to the right tool for the job, and maybe that size tractor just doesn't have the weight to give your the breaking forces needed to do the job. I have not worked with that hard of clay, so I cannot help you. but I just finished machining some parts out of moly/rhenium talk about hard stuff. hope you find something that will work for you..

/ BX22 Backhoe?
Steven: You may be right about the tractor not being big enough. Time will tell. I'm also a machinist. So what the heck is moly/rhenium and whats it used for? I work in a repair/job shop, so about the hardest stuff we see is manganese. Do a lot of work for the coal mines. Mostly weld and machine.

Kim

/ BX22 Backhoe? #23  
Rhenium is a rare heavy metallic element that resembles manganese, is obtained either as a powder or as a silver-white hard metal, and is used in catalysts and thermocouples

/ BX22 Backhoe? #24  
The BX22 is not a cure all but it has its disadvantages and weight is one. But for alot of us the price is right! Good luck!

KCook

/ BX22 Backhoe? #25  
ChrisNJ,

There is too much of a difference in price between the BX22 and a comparably configured JD4310 for you to have considered both at the same time.

The attraction of the BX22 is not that it can do everything, but that at $15500 it is a very good deal for what is has.

Post your prices please.

Seth

/ BX22 Backhoe? #26  
SethO, agreed!! I had already decided on a 4310 or equal for my needs, and then the BX came out and was 'attractive' because of the huge price difference. Perfomance must be paid for somehow. I then learned that it was not built for my needs. I thought it was a great tractor though!