BX22 Broken Air Filter Bracket....

/ BX22 Broken Air Filter Bracket.... #1  

Junkman

Tractor
2003 Kubota BX-22
I know that this subject has been kicked around many times before, and I am wondering what the latest development from Kubota is to repair this troublesome problem. Mine has just broken. Does anyone have the latest part numbers to order?????? thanks Junk....

Attachments

• 575265-MVC-023S.JPG
    575265-MVC-023S.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 801
   / BX22 Broken Air Filter Bracket.... #2  
Can't help with possible Kubota solutions.

I'm curious. Is that metal or plastic I'm looking at? The failure is obviously across the bolt holes so more material is clearly needed there. If it's metal I'd weld maybe 3/16 " steel (thicker than what is there) mounting plate to what looks like a substantial enough vertical support. If it's plastic (hopefully not) I'd see if there is a way to get a steel baseplate mounted to the vertical. That may just move the problem though.

Good photo, must be these eyes that don't work like they once did.

Good Luck!!

/ BX22 Broken Air Filter Bracket....
Chris, the bracket is made of cadmium plated steel. I believe that Kubota has redesigned this item several times in the past and has yet to come up with a part that will stand up to the vibrations of the engine. I believe that if they were to use a vibration dampening rubber connector, there wouldn't be any problems. It must be the penny pinching engineers that are the stumbling block to a successful repair. I will be contacting the dealer tomorrow to see what the latest solution to the problem is.... Junk..

/ BX22 Broken Air Filter Bracket.... #4  
I experienced this as well. Simple solution...go to Home Despot or Lowes and pick up a similar width piece out of building supplies, drill a few holes, bend the tabs and VOILA....$ 1.69 and 10 minutes..it's thicker and more durable than the Kubo part.

-Duane C.

/ BX22 Broken Air Filter Bracket.... #5  
Try this link Paul. Air Filter Bracket

Original Part Number K2561-98210
Current Part Number K2561-98210
Description KIT BRACKET, AIR CLEANER
------------------------------------------------------------
If the description above list Pack of __ then a quantity of one will purchase that many items of that particular part.
Bolts, nuts, O-rings, blades and some other items are sold in multi packs.
Price Each (or each multi pack) $19.35

/ BX22 Broken Air Filter Bracket.... #6  
Junkman:

Mine broke last summer. I went to the dealer and he looked up the p/n and it crossed to the new bracket assembly. The new one is a lot heavier material, and as I recall it uses an additional mounting bolt. It was not too expensive as I recall, and it took an hour or so to install. So far so good with the new one.

paul

Got around to replacing the broken air filter strap assembly today and found out after removing the old one completely and installing the new one, that the are both of the same design. This leads me to believe that there must be a newer design strap kit than the one that is mentioned earlier in this post. Does anyone know of the part numbers for a newer design? I called www.tractorsmart.com and asked Ronnie if he had a newer number than the one that my dealer sent me, and his books didn't show any. I know that since it is the same old design that this one isn't going to last any longer than the old one. Any suggestions other than making a kit of my own design? thanks... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif This picture is the replacement...

Attachments

• 579471-MVC-007S.JPG
    579471-MVC-007S.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 482
This is the old one......

Attachments

• 579473-MVC-009S.JPG
    579473-MVC-009S.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 475
   / BX22 Broken Air Filter Bracket.... #9  
I am pretty sure that is the new one. The old ones did not break the mount just the metal strap. Here is a picture of mine bought in March of 2003. Kind of hard to get a good picture on the engine. But it appears the strap clamps at the top on yours and on mine it clamps at the bottom. It is where you see the two bolts holding the strap that always breaks on mine. They did appear to change the strap from stainless steel to somesort of galvanized on the last one I bought and it has not broken. It also appears to be slightly longer and lets the plastic part shift around and put less stress on the mount.

Attachments

• 579493-strap.jpg
    579493-strap.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 401
If you look closely at the picture that you posted (I have lightened it for better detail) you will see that your strap has a solid piece on the bottom that the two bolt on the engine go through. Mine is made of two pieces. Also, you have a wider strap holding the air filter itself. I don't know if yours is a newer or older design, but thanks for the picture. Every little bit helps to figure this mystery out.. Junk..

Attachments

• 579505-aaaastrap (507 x 600).jpg
    579505-aaaastrap (507 x 600).jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 374