BX2200, Flat Yard, Just Mow... Remove the ROPS?

/ BX2200, Flat Yard, Just Mow... Remove the ROPS? #1  

r0GuE

Veteran Member
Tractor
ex-Bota Owner
I'm really frustrated by the ROPS getting n the way when I mow near smal trees etc. I've been debating just removing it. I had not in the past because I had a FEL, but the FEL goes to a new owner tomorrow.

I've been mowing the same yard for 12 years and there's just now way the BX is going over. In fact, with the ROPS gone, it'd be even less top heavy. Have any of you guys done away with the ROPS? Unbolt it? Cut it? Thoughts, suggestions or links to projects others have done. I'd just remove it, but it does hold the lights...

/ BX2200, Flat Yard, Just Mow... Remove the ROPS? #2  
Someday you or someone else is going to need to sell it. If you do something permanent, like cut it, you've reduced the value of the tractor by quite a bit.

/ BX2200, Flat Yard, Just Mow... Remove the ROPS? #3  
I don't recommend removing a ROPS. I just trim out extra around small trees, it is not much more work. The big trees are trimmed up high enough to get it under them. Like you said the lights are attached to and the SMV.

/ BX2200, Flat Yard, Just Mow... Remove the ROPS? #4  
Tractors use to NEVER have them...
If it is Not helping you in any way, remove it and you will never miss it.
Keeping something on a piece of equipment, when it Might be of positive value makes good sense... But if it is just something that is in the way, or Very troublesome, remove it.

/ BX2200, Flat Yard, Just Mow... Remove the ROPS? #5  
I wouldn't remove it. But if you are dead set on doing so, just unscrew the 8 nuts and lift it off. Put the nuts back on and be done. It'll be a whole lot faster than cutting it and you've got it should you ever want to sell it.

/ BX2200, Flat Yard, Just Mow... Remove the ROPS? #7  
That is Right... BUT like I SAID... if it has something that is of No use to You, and is in fact "just something that is in the way, or Very troublesome, remove it."
There MAY be someone somewhere that has NO use for power steering... don't know, they have not posted yet that I recall... But if they do, I would tell them the same thing... If you have no use for Any attachment or accessory, and it is In your way... you can either work around it forever, OR remove it.

/ BX2200, Flat Yard, Just Mow... Remove the ROPS? #8  
I would definitely remove it.

Many people on here will recommend never taking off, but you have to remember, if your not wearing your seatbelt while you mow your lawn (do you?) then the ROPS is pointless anyways. It's designed to save your life in the event of a rollover, as long as your wearing your seatbelt. If you don't wear your seatbelt, and it's in the way, why would you NOT remove it? If you wear your seatbelt, keep it on. :thumbsup:

/ BX2200, Flat Yard, Just Mow... Remove the ROPS? #9  
It's your tractor do as you please

/ BX2200, Flat Yard, Just Mow... Remove the ROPS? #10