BX2200 frustrations

/ BX2200 frustrations #1  

AaronS

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS XR4046HC, New Holland Boomer 1020
I spent part of July 4th doing maintenance on my BX. While mowing with it last Friday it started bogging down on hills, and past experience told me it was time for new fuel filters. That was the main job Monday. While under the tractor I noticed that the HST fan has no blades left at all. It could have been like this for years and could explain why it has ran hot the last few years. After reading about the fan replacement procedure on here, I'm not looking forward to it but will do it myself to save money. The fan itself cost me a whopping $6.32 at my local dealer.

The most frustrating part....started mowing Tuesday after work and it ran like a champ for 15 minutes, then bogged again, badly. It's now running worse than before the new filters. I'm assuming that I have trash in the tank and will need to drain it, clean it, and put new filters on again. I just hate the waste.

/ BX2200 frustrations #2  
I spent part of July 4th doing maintenance on my BX. While mowing with it last Friday it started bogging down on hills, and past experience told me it was time for new fuel filters. That was the main job Monday. While under the tractor I noticed that the HST fan has no blades left at all. It could have been like this for years and could explain why it has ran hot the last few years. After reading about the fan replacement procedure on here, I'm not looking forward to it but will do it myself to save money. The fan itself cost me a whopping $6.32 at my local dealer.

The most frustrating part....started mowing Tuesday after work and it ran like a champ for 15 minutes, then bogged again, badly. It's now running worse than before the new filters. I'm assuming that I have trash in the tank and will need to drain it, clean it, and put new filters on again. I just hate the waste.

Or the lift pump is not working

/ BX2200 frustrations
I always hear it when I turn the key halfway on, but I'll double check it tonight. Thanks for the reminder.

/ BX2200 frustrations
Fan is in! It only took 2 hours thanks to tips I found on this forum!

/ BX2200 frustrations #5  
I use a 16" funnel used to fuel racing cars along with a very fine filter that plugs into the bottom. This helps keep trash out of the tank and the filters don't clog.